Dr. Harmeet Sachdev MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.0

June 19th, 2016
Patient
I'll never forget after I was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis he was the dr sugested to go to I saw him for over a year One day I came in and he said I'm cured I no longer have multiple sclerosis? He made me cry and I left office When I got home the phone rang it was his nurse she said I forgot to make my next appt I could not believe I was treated like this for such a serious disease He had me on copaxion and I was passing out after shots Flushing He is the best but his bed side manner is just awful His wife I saw too He has his whole family thr I was really sadden by all this I no longer go to him No compassion for the sick Saddens me I hope one day I can put this all behind me His staff is very kind He just has social issues?! He is rated the best, for heart attack neuro period He is good at job just RUDE is all If you have a emergency he is the best if your looking for a dr to sit and discuss you issue he acts busy or has the " no big deal" attude Multiple sclerosis you need a dr you can communicate with He is not a people person

October 24th, 2013
Dr Harmeet is disrespectful and rude
If I could give zero stars, I would. My mother was referred to Dr. Harmeet by her primary care physician. It took several months for her to get an appointment with him to review EEG test results after she had a mild stroke. When she finally had her scheduled appt with him, he was incredibly rude and disrespectful to her. She asked him to explain the numbers on her test results, and he told her that he was too busy and that she should go to school if she wanted to be able to understand the results. He still did not explain the results to her, nor did he address her risk of future stroke (which she separately asked him about), and told her to come back and see him in 4-5 months. I assure you that she will absolutely not be returning to Dr. Harmeet. A physician's primary responsibility should be to his/her patients. That includes providing quality care as well as communicating with the patients to ensure that they have a complete understanding of their medical/health situation. Dr. Harmeet is not fulfilling this responsibility. This is completely unacceptable behavior from a practicing physician.

January 31st, 2011
Impossible to get appointment, staff is as non-punctual as it can be
I haven't had a chance to meet this doctor: his office staff is the most unprofessional I have ever seen. I wish there were negative grades for "staff" and "puctuality". In December, I have been referred to a neurologist.First, the staff was constantly changing the list of what they need from me to get an appointment: medical records, visitation notes, etc. They don't return calls, and trying to get a hold of somebody is not easy. After a WEEK of going back and forth between physician and Dr.Sachdev's office, they finally scheduled an appointment in just three months: in mid-February.Today, they called me to cancel that appointment and reschedule to end of March. Of course, no guarantee it won't be rescheduled any further. I just asked them to cancel it; this office does not respect its patients.

January 7th, 2011
Office Staff
I have called several times with a major migraine and each time I was promised a return call. Only once did I get an answer but that was after I called again to follow up. Having a doctor is actually being able to see or get an answer back from a doctor. Your office staff is very poor at handling patients and their needs.

March 22nd, 2010
Excellent diagnostician
Dr.Harmeet Sachdev is an excellent diagnostician; he was referred by my rheumatologist. I have a very complicated case. I have actually had other "respected" physicians throw their hands up and walk away from me while I was still sick, but Dr.Sachdev never gave up on helping me. I'll admit, he can come across a little less than friendly at first, but I'll tell you that when I really needed him, I could not have asked for a more caring, concerned, and yes, gentle, neurologist. He really does care a great deal for his patients, and I could plainly see how very much he wanted to help me. After my hospitalization and seeing Dr.Harmeet every day for more than a week, I saw a different side of him than in the office, and I now appreciate and understand him a great deal more.

February 3rd, 2010
Migraines
Have been seeing Dr. Sachdev for several years for migraines. Not cutting edge on his ideas for treatment, or understanding of migraine triggers. I mostly just use him for the RX.Be your own advocate, people.

May 6th, 2009
he referred me to lousy dr's and didnt explain anything. I ended up getting a lumbar punchure I didnt need and now my leg is messed up for life.