Dr. Harold Adelman MD Patient Reviews

• Psychiatry Georgetown, TX

3.8

April 6th, 2016
Very good psychiatrist
For a psychiatrist in this day and age, he takes time to actually LISTEN to you. Most psychiatrists tell you to go to a counselor to express your emotions, but he doesn't, even though he encourages it at every chance. He was one of the few who checked to see what was going on in your life before he changed or increased medications. He is fantastic and I'm sorry he's still NOT practicing in Kerrville.

November 7th, 2012
incompetent staff. only interested in payment. i was very disappointed. Staff was horrible and never knew what was going on, had to always put me on hold for simple questions.

December 2nd, 2010
Excellent doctor who is very knowledgeable and has been very helpful. I would highly recommend this doctor.

November 29th, 2010
hmharrington
he went out of his way to help me with my issues. I would recomenend him to anyone that has a problem.

January 7th, 2010
Good doctor
He knows what he is talking about. I'm happy with him.

December 2nd, 2008
Poor bedside manner
This doctor spent the very few minutes I had with him with his head in the file, writing or reading. He rarely looked at me and it did not feel as though he was particularly interested in listening to anything I said. I'm not much of a talker, and this psychiatrist seemed completely unconcerned with what I had to say. Over the course of a few months, he continually changed my diagnosis. He also tried to get me to buy magnets for back pain, which he was selling - a business separate from his medical practice. I find this in very poor taste. I also arrived on a couple of occasions to find pharmaceutical sales reps wining and dining the entire clinic. It did not seem to matter to the staff that this caused appointments to run extremely late. Seemed very unethical.
Doctor's Response

There were circumstances such as these (drug reps, etc.) in about 2004. I no longer practice in that group or locale and the above situation has not been present for several years. I spend at least an hour with each patient and often longer at their initial visit.