Dr. Harold Barnes MD Patient Reviews

• Bad

March 29th, 2015
Great doctor

February 23rd, 2013
I found it interesting to read some of the reviews that seem unlike my own experience. Dr. Barnes put me at ease with my condition and surgery. He worked with my schedule and explained post-op very well. The doctor gave me options and then his advice concerning operation. The surgery also seemed to heal well and with minimal distress.

October 18th, 2012
Terrible doctor. Should not be a Doctor. Does not care about patients.

May 26th, 2011
Dr. Barnes is amazing. Very courteous and bedside manner was great! He has a way of making you feel at ease. I've had no surgery complications after a surprise appendectomy. I would completely recommend him. I didn't particularly like the rudeness of his office staff but good help is hard to find these days, right?

May 24th, 2011
a clear gauging
unfriendly and overpriced - particularly in ref to post surgery look over - a clear gauging of pocketbooks.

November 29th, 2010
You don't have to like a surgeon as long as they are good at what they do, however this Dr.'s bedside issues are degrading and humiliating to patients.
Should a Doctor have a genuine concern for your health I am sure there are many a chapter during their course of study in approaching what may very well be sensitive issues. Dr. Barnes demonstrates total disregard for the human aspect of medicine. It is a shared view by many that his bedside manner is without an ounce of tact. Thumbs down on his follow up, ability to expain after care and lack of professionalism from his office staff.

October 18th, 2009
Great doctor
Dr.Barnes, is a great doctor. Diagnosed my problem quickly and and set up an appointment for surgery at the earliest convenience. I strongly recommend this doctor. The only thing that I dislike is the poor courtesy and professionalism of his office staff that needs to change.

April 11th, 2009
This doctor diagnosed my problem quickly and scheduled my for surgery at my earliest convenience. I was treated kindly by the staff and was happy with my experience.

August 29th, 2008
Not helpful to patients before and after surgery
This doctor never returned my phone calls before surgery about pain. When I called with fever after surgery said go to internal med dr. or emergency room instead of being helpful. When I called the internal med dr. they said that Dr. Barnes had just come in said I needed to go to emergency room and not to see me. Go figure that one. Very unkind person. I chose not to go to emergency room and am hoping that my fever abates. Very frustrating not to be able to recieve help when you need it. My son is a physician so I know how a doctor should run his practice. Not like this for sure.

July 9th, 2016