Plastic Surgeons, Surgical Specialist

300 Hebron Ave
Ste 101
Glastonbury, CT 06033
860-659-9990
Locations and availability (1)

3.0

• Currently 2.9677419354839 of 4 stars
  • Currently 2.6206896551724 of 4 stars
 |  Bar None the Best Physician Ever  |  show details
by K.B. on Sep 12th, 2013

They say when one is considering cosmetic surgery, the most important thing to keep in mind is being realistic about your expectations. With that in mind, I sought out a surgeon who would be the most skilled at meeting my expectations cosmetically, but who would also work to exceed them. Dr. Beam did just that, and I am thrilled to say that his surgical skills have given me a confidence that I never knew was possible. Not only that, his gentle and kind manner put me at ease from the moment I met him and continues with every follow up appointment. His staff is just as friendly and welcoming. I would highly recommend (and do) Dr. Beam to anyone who is looking for a cosmetic surgeon -- you will not be disappointed.

|  Terrible service  |  show details
by Liz on Apr 17th, 2013

For months I searched online for a plastic surgeon that I would feel comfortable going to. I came across Dr. Beam and decided to pay him a visit. I had to wait a little over a month to see him and I too was charged a fee of $100 to be seen by him. On the day of my visit, I was very nervous. I waited about 45 minutes when I finally saw him. He seemed to be in a hurry and my visit felt rush. I left there feeling like it was a waste of time and money. I then found another plastic surgeon at Hartford Hospital who has good reviews and also Board Certified. I was seen 3 weeks after making an appointment and best of all there was no ridiculous fee for a consultation. Beware of Dr. Beam, he is too commercial and money hungry. A lot of hype for poor service.

by Lori on Apr 6th, 2013

I made an appointment and was seen rather quickly. In a month, I had the facelift. I am healing just as he told me to expect. I also wanted to add that right after surgery, I had drains and when I went to the office to have them removed, I was quickly escorted out of the waiting room and into a private room where the drains were removed. I was very happy about that because 2 days after surgery, I was not fit to be seen in public. (haha). All of my follow up appointments were set up prior to the surgery. I was on time for my appointments and actually seen within 5 minutes. All positive. I also had a good experience at the West Hartford Surgical Center. Surgery was March 26,2013. P.S. I did my homework all over Connecticut and his prices are very much reasonable as well.

|  Waste of my valuable time  |  show details
by Emma on Mar 24th, 2013

After doing extensive research on all plastic surgeons in CT, I determined that Dr. Beam was the very best. I called for an appointment and because of his popularity and busy schedule I had to wait three weeks for an appointment. That was not of a worry to me and I was happy to wait to see him. I had to pay $100 non refundable fee for the consultation, that was also ok with me. The day of my appointment I was escorted into the room by a staff member where I waited more than one hour to be seen by Dr. Beam. During that time no one came in to check on me or to tell me that he'd be in soon or anything. I decided to call the front desk from the patient room to remind them that I was there more than an hour and still had not seen Dr. Beam. He finally came in, answered my questions. He was professional but not very sympathetic. He also didn't apologize for me waiting over an hour. I will never go there ever again.

by Jesse Allen on Feb 28th, 2013

Staff was very helpful and very pleasant...would definitely refer to family and friends...

by Lucas Cook on Jan 29th, 2013

I loved the office and the staff, felt right at home

|  Patient Review  |  show details
by Jane T. on Jan 27th, 2013

Dr. Beam performed a repeat procedure on me that had been done over 30 years ago. His results far exceeded the results I achieved previously. He is extremely skilled, he is compassionate and empathetic. I cannot stress how the exceptional results he achieved have enhanced my quality of life. I HIGHLY recommend him. Also, his office staff is kind, compassionate and professional. Overall it was a fantastic experience!

Oct 26th, 2012

The staff is very kind and Dr Beam made me feel comfortable and at ease.

Oct 24th, 2012

Dr Beam is a wonderful ps. I have used him for two procedures I had three years apart. His work is immaculate! His office staff is welcoming and inviting as well. I would not hesitate recommending Dr Beam to anyone looking for a superior ps

Sep 26th, 2012

Wonderful office and staff. Dr. Beam and his staff were warm, welcoming and informative.

by Michael T on Aug 28th, 2012

Everyone at the office was great. Dr. Beam said to wait for my issue to resolve on its own.

Jul 28th, 2012

Very friendly staff, made me comfortable!!! Keep up the good work ;)

Jul 9th, 2012

My experience was VERY rewarding. The office is lovely and relaxing. Lanie (I hope I have that correct) was very personable, made me feel welcome. She's extremely knowledgeable, but not at all pushy. She let me know what options I had available but didn't intimidate me into anything. It also helped that there was special pricing and discounts on Obagi products yesterday, too. I had a great time!

|  Would highly recommend!!!  |  show details
Jun 27th, 2012

Dr. Beam - I wanted to write a short note to thank you for making this experience a positive one. I have absolute confidence and respect in your abilities. Your staff is always courteous and professional. This shows the high standards you have in your practice. I would recommend you all highly to anyone.- Patty

|  DO NOT CONSIDER THIS DR FOR ANY PROCEDURE  |  show details
Mar 24th, 2012

DO NOT CONSIDER THIS DOCTOR FOR ANY PROCEDURE!!! HE DID A HACK JOB ON ME AND RUINED MY LIFE!!!

|  great surgeon  |  show details
Mar 23rd, 2012

I think Dr.Beam is a very caring and a great surgeon. My daughter was bitten by her dog at 11:00 P.M. (I was a previous patient) the answering service called him he got to the hospital promptly and worked on her lip until 4:30 A.M. You can not even tell her lip was almost taken off. I can not thank him enough. If you have a wait in the office it's worth every minute.

|  Saved my career!  |  show details
Dec 14th, 2011

As a professional musician, I am indebted to Dr. Beam. I was involved in what could have been a career ending accident. Dr. Beam was called in on a Saturday from the soccer field. He came to the rescue immediately and performed four hours worth of complex surgery. I don't know where I'd be today without him!The follow-up visits with him were all good. He was nurturing, thorough, and provided me with accurate and helpful information that left me at ease, and without questions. I highly recommend Dr. Beam! I am extremely suspicious of any negative reviewers in this forum. I suspect their motivation is not forthright.Dr. Beam is a dedicated and skilled professional. Four stars!

Nov 16th, 2011

It was a pleasure meeting with Dr. Beam and his staff. I felt very comfortable with Dr. Beam and found him to be very knowledgable and a great surgeon!

Oct 6th, 2011

I was told about Dr Beam, online need a facelift however saw his ratings and I will chose to go e3lsewhere. Thanks, M Samela

Aug 5th, 2011

Dr. Beam is so gentle and kind. His work is impecable. I am so happy with my results.

|  Will not be going back  |  show details
Jul 25th, 2011

Waited a while to write this review, mostly to ensure that I would be fair. I will never, ever go to this office again. I'm not a beauty and it took two years just to call and make an appointment to see if cosmetic surgery could help. Dr. made me feel that the situation was hopeless without completely reconfiguring my face and he suggested breast implants even though I never said I wanted them. A waste of time and not a very good human being waits for you if you go.

|  Stay clear of this surgeon  |  show details
Oct 7th, 2010

I had the worst experience ever at this office. I went in for a Smartlipo procedure. Dr. Beam was unsure what he was doing. The end result was this he created two stomaches for me! I looked terrible and he would not address the issue. He just got angry. I have since gone to another doctor and he did the same procedure to correct Dr. Beam's mistakes. What a huge difference. I now have a great flat stomach and have had the pleasure with working with a doctor that truly cares about his patients. I would also like to tell you that there has never been more than a five minute wait in his waiting room. The staff is friendly and welcoming. I would highly recommend Medspa1064 to evereyone.

|  Lip Injections  |  show details
May 8th, 2010

I went to see Dr. Beam for lip injections and also nose job consult about 4 years ago. I wasn't very confident that he could give me what I wanted so I went elsewhere for the nose job. I told him what I wanted and he told me what he could do and it wasn't on the same page. And I'm 100% happy with the results from another Dr. He did do a nice job with the lip injections. He's gentle and tender when admistering the needle which is good, I have a needle phobia. I was pleased with the injections and the visit. The staff was a little snobbing. It did take forever to get the appointment, months. And when I was at the appointment they did take me in about 30 mintues late, but I didn't feel rushed during the appointment so I didn't mind the wait. Overall I was very happy with this Dr.

|  Beware - Find Another Surgeon  |  show details
by Former Patient 2009 on Dec 13th, 2009

I went in for Smartlipo of the tummy and hips. Initially he seemed very knowledgeable and understanding. After the first procedure, my results were lumpy/dimpled and not very good. He agreed to redo the procedure with a bit of an attitde. The second procedure was done awake and he did not take the time to do it correctly. I was in pain during the entire procedure (I was quietly crying while nurse held my hand)and he kept complaining and then ended the procedur abruptly without finishing it. I never went back for the followup visits that were scheduled and the office never followed up.Be careful, Dr. Beam seems to have a good bedside manner when he is trying to gain your business. But when he has to correct what he did wrong, he becomes very moody and takes it out on the patient. To date, my results are poor and I will probably have to redo lipo in certain areas to smooth out the bumps and dimples.I would NOT recommend Dr. Beam to anyone who is looking for a skilled surgeon with a good bedside manner. Be careful and good luck.

|  Nice doctor but a few problems..  |  show details
Sep 25th, 2009

He is a nice doctor and the staff is extremely nice. However when you make an appointment its always at least a 30-45 day wait, unless you get lucky and catch the office with an opening. That office is severely overbooked, i almost feel bad for his staff. My problem i was going to him for was quit simple but it was me making recommendations for what should be done, not him. Once i said something he would just agree. Im not totally happy with my results from my simple procedure and will go see another doctor. Also his prices are outrageous, $75 for one cortisone shot? Also plan on waiting in the waiting room for at least an hour after your appointment was scheduled, do not have plans immediately after your appointment. He is so overbooked you almost feel rushed. Not to mention one day i was his very first appointment at 8am and he strolled in about 45 minutes late after the office opened and kept me waiting and never said he was sorry.

by Sue M on Apr 19th, 2009

Looked around before I made my decision. Was impressed by Dr. Beams' manner and professionalism, and that of his staff. Had two procedures in February, couldn't be happier with the results. Have already recommended Dr. Beam to several of my friends and co-workers

|  Rude and offensive during consultation  |  show details
Apr 1st, 2009

I went in for a consult and waited over an hour in the crowded waiting room. The nurse was very cold, almost rude when I was relating my specific surgery concerns. When Dr. Beam finally came in (about 20 minutes later), he took a few quick measurements then turned to leave before answering even one of my questions! To make matters worse, he told me I was obese (I'm a size 12), and said he didn't think he'd be able to do the surgery because of my weight. Worse experience ever!

by E Jones on Feb 27th, 2009

I've had two procedures done with Dr. Beam (breasts and upper eyelids) and am very happy with both outcomes. He is very professional and his staff is excellent. I highly recommend him.I'm going to his office for a third time for botox and am sure I will also be happy with the outcome of that.