A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Harold Cates:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Harold Cates is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Cates
Rheumatoid Arthritis Patient Education Learn all about RA and various treatments and medications with Vitals rhuematoid arthritis patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Cates Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Harold Cates, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Education & Awards
Dr. Cates graduated from University of Tennessee, Memphis. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Cates has 11 hospital affiliations:
- Methodist Med Center Of Oak Ridge
- Fort Loudoun Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Harold Eugene Cates MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 26 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Harold E. Cates practice?
- Dr. Harold Cates has 8 office locations.
Dr. Harold Cates practices Orthopaedic Surgery near Knoxville, TN.
Additional practice locations include: Seymour, TN and Oak Ridge, TN.
See Knoxville Orthopedic Surgeons.