A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Harold Cates:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Harold Cates is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Cates
Osteoporosis Patient Education Learn about osteoporosis and ways to prevent bone density loss, as well as uncontrollable risks.Before Visiting Dr. Cates Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Harold Cates, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Education & Awards
Dr. Cates graduated from University of Tennessee, Memphis. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Cates has 11 hospital affiliations:
- Methodist Med Center Of Oak Ridge
- Fort Loudoun Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Harold Eugene Cates MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 26 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Harold E. Cates practice?
- Dr. Harold Cates has 8 office locations.
Dr. Harold Cates practices Orthopaedic Surgery near Knoxville, TN.
Additional practice locations include: Seymour, TN and Oak Ridge, TN.
See Knoxville Surgeons.