Dr. Harold Chung MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

4.9

July 26th, 2016
Graduated!
I was afraid, very afraid. I wasn't sure what to expect from the chemotherapy let alone the bone marrow transplant. Dr. Chung saw that within the first 5 minutes of my first consultation with him so he took a step back and talked to me about other things and made me realize the reasons we go through therapy in the first place. We were able to continue with our discussion about treatment options and what to expect. What surprised me again was his compassion and he (and his BMT coordinator Judy) went out of his way to find a patient with a similar disease and stage to call me at my home and talk to me and give me their perspective from a patient standpoint which helped me tremendously. I'm glad I made that decision to forward... it's been 5.5 years since my transplant and I have not regretted that decision one bit.

August 27th, 2015
He was very reassuring
We were terrified. We just got the diagnosis of leukemia from our long-term family doctor. We were referred to an oncologist but were still very confused and scared. We talked to some friends who recommended Dr. Chung for a second opinion. And we were so glad we did. Dr. Chung got us in and sat down with us and went through the diagnosis, treatment options and then his recommendations based on our situation but also our family needs and concerns. Highly recommend him even if it's just to talk and get some understanding of your cancer.

June 15th, 2015
Eased my mind
I was in dire straits. I just got a lot of bad news from my primary care doctor and met with a popular but busy oncologist who said I needed a bone marrow transplant. I was scared about that consult but I met with Dr. Chung and he put me, my wife and my daughter at ease about the process. He took the time to explain things, made sure we had our questions answered and even drew up a care plan of how things were going to go. I'm happy to say that everything has gone well and I couldn't be happier... both my transplant is done and Dr. Chung made every bit of a difference for all of my family and me.

April 8th, 2015
Dr Chung is very knowledgeable in his field, but also is one of the most compassionate physicians I've ever encountered. He educates you and answers your questions in a way that the average patient can understand.

January 30th, 2015
In remission!
Great experience. I was nervous as can be about my cancer. My friend works at MCV Hospitals and recommended Dr. Chung for a second opinion, and I'm glad I did! He saw me, reviewed everything that had been done and explained everything in the workup so far. He was able to go over a plan of care and I have been doing well ever since. And that was 3 years ago!

May 19th, 2014
I trust him
I'm usually suspicious of the health care system sometimes, probably something to do with my past dealings. I was backed in to a corner and needed a second opinion. I was ready... and so was Dr. Chung. We talked for a good long while and after my first barrage of questions, I knew he was the one for me. I transferred my care... the transplant did not take as long as I thought it would. I was even surprised when Dr. Chung sat down with me one afternoon and announced they were done... the transplant process was complete and I was back in remission and ready to go on with my life again. I can't thank him enough... but more so just putting me at ease with the idea of transplant. Thank you, Sir.

May 2nd, 2013
Most impressive. I had aggressive myeloma and thought I had done my homework before coming in to discuss options. Dr. Chung sat with me and my family to discuss many options and I came away with a much better understanding and relief that we were able to draw out a treatment plan. And that was 6 years ago and I'm still doing well... and at 73, still shooting in the 80's on my favorite golf course.

March 11th, 2013
I was panicked with fear with newly diagnosed cancer. I went to see Dr. Chung as advised by a friend of mine who had taken care of by him years ago. Dr. Chung made me feel at ease. He sat down with me to discuss my diagnosis, go over the possible options and we chose a plan that was tailored to my needs (somewhat) and I am now 4 years out and cancer free!

January 12th, 2012
Patient
In Stem Cell Transplant program...Dr. Chung is one of 4 doctor team.

October 31st, 2011
Fantastic Doctor
Great doctor. Saw my husband quickly during our time of need and helped us and our family during a difficult time.

May 14th, 2011
he saved her life
dr chung is incredible. he is compassionate, caring, goes beyond any measure to make the patient and family informed and comfortable. He is not afraid to question other doctors involved in the patients care. if only every doctor could be half the doctor he is !!!he saved my sisters life when her other doctors gave up.!

October 23rd, 2010
Excellent service and mannerism.