Dr. Harold Elliott MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

4.9

May 10th, 2013
I Love this Dr!
I am so glad I started seeing Dr. Elliott....for years I thought I suffered from only anxiety and depression, but he found the correct diagnosis(one that I would never thought I had!) He put me on the right combination of meds and I would recommend him to anyone! As a nurse, I have worked with multiple physicians over the years and I can honestly say Dr. Elliott is the most caring and he REALLY listens and WANTS to help you...not just there for the money! The office staff in the Johnson City office are really nice, they do not judge you by your diagnosis and I truely appreciate that!

June 20th, 2011
Dr. Elloitt saved my life also
I was in bed for a year when someone told me about Dr. Elliott. He fixed me up good. It took 4 months but finally we got the right med. combination. Today I am so much better, I could not thank Dr. Elliott enough for treating me with respect and kindness.

November 3rd, 2010
#1 in my opinon
Dr. Elliott literally saved my life. I had my first major depressive episode about 14 years ago. It was so bad, I was suicidal. My GP recommended Dr. Elliott and that was the luckiest day of my life. He was so patient, caring and concerned. Just talking with him could make me feel that things were going to get better. And, it did, until I would decide I didn't need medications any more. Every time I came off my medications, I would slip right back into depression. Even though I know he wanted to kick my butt, he would be so understanding and patient. Even though it seemed to take years, in truth, within a month, he would have me on the road to recovery. He has done so much for me, I could never begin to thank him enough. I only wish he would start taking patients again. I miss him sooo much!

February 19th, 2010
Saved my life & Has never given up on me when I wanted to give up!
Dr. Elliott has been my psychiatrist for nearly 12 yrs. He was about the 25th psychiatrist I had seen by age 29. From the beginning, Dr. Elliott took the time to help me & never give up on me even when everyone else would have & pretty much did! He has always been willing to listen even when I have been at my lowest & have rambled on & on over things that (at the time, to me) seemed huge and/or major whether they were that big of a deal or not, he has continuously helped me push on thru. He worked tirelessly to find the right combination of medications to treat me for ADHD and major depression which took a while but eventually together we found the medications that have helped me more than I could ever explain. He also never gave up on me when I was ready & wanted to give up on myself.The treatment I have received from Dr. Elliott has given me the tools needed to better myself thus helping me to do more in life than just survive but contribute to society & life in general. Dr. Elliott has always been there to help me any way he could. Whether I needed psychiatric care or medical care for physical ailments I have had to deal with; he has spoken up for me & has tried to make sure I have been given the treatment I needed to get well. Even when I was physically sick & felt like my voice was not being heard by other physicians he was there. He has always encouraged me to do well & helped me to understand that no matter what he or any other physician said or did; I had to be willing to do the work needed on myself too so it would be possible for me to get well. Dr. Elliott is one of a very few physicians I would recommend to anyone who needs a caring, warm hearted & when need be-a stern psychiatrist. I could go on & on about how much he has helped me grow and become healthy mentally & physically. I truly believe that if he had not been there for me when he was that I would not be alive today.