A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Harold Head:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Harold Head is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Harold Head, MD is board certified in Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery).
- He has special expertise in 2 areas:
- Coronary Artery Bypass (Heart Bypass)
- Myocardial Infarction
Education & Awards
Dr. Head graduated from Duke University , Durham.
Dr. Head has 8 hospital affiliations:
- Memorial Hospital
- Erlanger Bledsoe Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Head accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Health One Alliance - 1 plan
- United Healthcare - 15 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Tennessee - 10 plans
- Bluegrass Family Health - 3 plans
- Humana - 8 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 1 plan
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia - 10 plans
- Cigna - 7 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan