Dr. Harold Helmke III MD Patient Reviews

• Cardiovascular Disease Baton Rouge, LA

2.4

November 6th, 2015
Saving Lives
He helped save my life. I think he is a great doctor. He did what he needed to but not more than he needed to. I'm very grateful to Dr. Helmke for being there on the night of my two massive heart attacks.

June 5th, 2015
Shocked by other reviews
I was hospitalized with congestive heart failure. I wasn't pleased with his partner that was on call but once Dr. Helmke took over the next day, I was very pleased with his care. He always took his time explaining things to me and never seemed to be in a rush. He has been this way on every single office visit in the three years since my hospitalization. I am very pleased with his care and would recommend him to anyone.

August 23rd, 2013
Senior Living Director
I would not refer anyone to this doctor or clinic. My father used him when he began treatment for congestive heart failure and although we were pleased in the beginning, service went down hill shortly after. The clinic is rude and the two times he was hospitalized this doctor never even came to see my father. Instead he sent someone else who was completely rude and barely spent 30 seconds with him. We were told to follow up with this doctor after he was released and he cancelled on him twice. Once we tried to reschedule, he was on vacation. Do yourself a favor and seek another doctor.

June 29th, 2011
Hope he's not your heart doc! He did a full eval., stress test, holter monitor, ECG, and gave my hubby a clean bill of health. Diagnosis-benign PVC's (premature heartbeats). He was told Take meds if you are uncomfortable ,but it is not necessary. 10 months later, hubby had routine pre-op ECG,findings were abnormal. When we requested records from Helmke, it clearly stated diagnosis of Coronary artery disease, and ECG was abnormal. He led us to believe there was no issue! Told us everything looks o.k.! I found out that this happens quite often with this doc!