Dr. Harold Jacobson MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.4

March 9th, 2016
He was a nightmare...

November 10th, 2015
Waiting game at Dr Jacobson's office
I can't believe we put up with this doctor as long as we did. The wait time is OUTRAGEOUS. The last visit we arrived 15 minutes before the scheduled time, checked in, and promptly charged us close to $200. We paid in full, and then the waiting game began. By the time we got to see him, it was 1.5 hrs later! This wasn't the first time, not the second time, not even the third! I was furious. My time is just as previous as his. And as a psychiatrist, he should know that it doesn't take much to set off people with issue. We came to see him for a reason. All his did was apologizing for running late. This is not running late. This is poor time management. Period. When you do sit there, all he does is dispense prescription left and right. He is not even attempt to understand the underlying issue. We are looking for another doctor. Nobody has time nor patience for his poor time management and mediocre service.

June 27th, 2015
Never again
Worst psychaitrist ever. Overly medicates you. Treats you as if he isnt listening to you with his smug smile and hands behind his head. I wish i could do to him what he did to me.

April 21st, 2015
He is so mean and pessimistic. Aka dr. doom.avoid at all costs. ..for what he did to me. He literally tested out meds on me like an animal claiming ohhh we are ruling out this and that... he should lose his medical license.

September 24th, 2014
quack
Dr.Jacobson was very unprofessional. His office was a mess and he did most of the talking and very little listening. It was by far the worst experience I have ever had with a doctor. does not listen to you!!!! DOES NOT CARE ABOUT YOU AS A WHOLE. THE BIG MIGHTY $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ IS ALL he is about

March 17th, 2014
Absolutely one of the worst psychiatrists I have ever had
I was in UBH Denton, with having this "MD" stuck as my Dr. in less then 5 minutes, he told me I was scattered, due to the fact that I kept going back and forth between thoughts. Which is definitely not true. The last day upon me being there, he told me I was provocative and I only patronized him with the very rude comment of "I hope I never see you again, I would be so lucky." He also switched my meds to ones that made me have MORE suicidal thoughts. Coming from a victim of this poor judgment I would advice you to find another physiatrist!

July 26th, 2013
Are you guys kidding?????
My husband has been on psyciatric medications for depression for 30 years. It took his going to UBH in Denton and finding Dr. Jacobson for him to get a 100% correct diagnosis (bi-polar) and find the medications that were correct for him. Dr. Jacobson even sent my husband for a psychologist (PHD) for testing to make sure his dx was correct. We used to live in Indiana and Illinois and my husband has NEVER gotten the great care he has received from Dr. Jacobson. We been through many, many psychiatrists over 30 years and Dr. J is fantastic! Our insurance doesn't even cover his services and we still chose to stick with him. He is absolutely fantastic!

March 28th, 2013
A help to our family
Has listened well and worked hard with our difficult son. Shows empathy and insight. Information on medications and practice seems current.

February 18th, 2013
Good at his job
I have seen Dr. Jacobson for a long time. I would like to echo what another reviewer said, psychiatry is different than psychology. If a person needs therapy and medication, usually working with both is the answer. He has moved his practice toward helping children. There are always many kids in his waiting room. I think it is wonderful he is helping kids. When you make an appointment with any doctor, you should tell them why you are coming in because a first visit takes longer than a med check. I agree he over books and sometimes he is abrupt, but that is fine with me as I go in for a med check, but he always asks the right questions. As far as his conversation about his office or furniture, I think that is his way of making his patients feel comfortable. Also I think his staff is great. They are pleasant and helpful. These doctors are stretched if they are good doctors and I am glad he is still in practice. My last doctor left private practice because of all the expensive red tape doctors have to through. Lastly, there are many doctors in the area. If you don’t care for Dr. Jacobson’s style, find another doctor.

February 6th, 2012
Always been there for me.
Dr. Jacobson has been a blessing to me and my family. I have MDD, and ADHD and we did have to go through several different medications to find the one right for my situation. I have no complaint. All of you who are complaining need to take some time to research your situation. If you need someone to listen to your problems you need a counselor. Then they communicate with you doctors and they all work together as a team to address your problems, then if needed the psyc doc. will prescribe any medication you may need. It's not a money making relationship . It is a system that is tried and true over the years. Maybe you don't need meds, then try the counselor, he or she may be all you or your family member needs. It works if you let it. Again I emphasis do your homework before you see any doctor for any ailment. There is a system and it works if you let it.....

June 15th, 2011
Dr.Jacobson was very unprofessional. He answered his cell phone twice during my session. His office was a mess and he did most of the talking and very little listening. It was by far the worst experience I have ever had with a doctor.

March 16th, 2011
I've seen Dr. J for years and my only complaint is the long wait. It's often at least 30 minutes after my scheduled appt before I'm seen. Also, Mark, at the front desk, has no people skills and the waiting room can't accommodate all of the people waiting.