Dr. Harold Katz Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Harold Katz?

September 22nd, 2016

wish I would have never went to him.

August 23rd, 2016

Long Time Patient

I've been a patient of Dr. Katz's for eight years. He is extraordinarily skilled at what he does. He's patient, makes time for questions, and never leaves me feeling rushed. I think some who see his bedside manner as less than ideal need to spend a little time getting to know him. I'm convinced they would warm up to him. He is analytical, and I think that might come off poorly for those who first meet him. Dr. Katz is a first-rate doctor.

March 15th, 2016

Dr. Katz is very professional; listen's to you and is very relatable.

February 10th, 2016

I have hypothyroidism and have been going to Dr. Katz for 20 years. I think he is great Dr.

September 30th, 2015

Excellent bedside manner, professional.

June 21st, 2015

I saw him in the hospital, he was excellent at the bed side and was good at explaining things even though I was in rough shape.

July 28th, 2012

no idea why he's popular

i have two friends who go to this guy and they love him. i got a referral to him and waited 4 months to go see him. he had a horrible bedside manner and was very arrogant. i told him my hypothyroid symptoms, gave him my labs...and he told me i should do more aerobics, it works for his wife. i left there crying...my husband went back to talk to him (he was in the room with me during my appt) and in a politically correct way told him he treated me very poorly. i would not go back to this guy for ALL of the money in the world.

June 2nd, 2012

He's certainly opinionated and "doesn't believe in anything holistic," including bioidentical hormmones.Overall bad attitude and overbearing.

October 21st, 2011

Dr Katz was wonderful! He took time to really listen to me and he was genuinely interested in what I had to say. He is very personable and knowledgeable. I would recommend him to anyone!

December 10th, 2009

A very friendly, caring, helpful Doctor

I first met Dr. Katz many years ago(1996). I was pregnant with my first child and had a medical condition that was just diagnosed. No other Doctor would see me, or take it seriously. I went to several clinics, no one seemed to care. One day, I was so distraught when I was on the phone with my mom. She told my story to a co-worker and that co-worker mentioned Dr. Katz. I was able to get right in he seen me during his lunch break). That was the right choice to do. He is a great Dr. He might run a little late in the waiting room, but I know when I get in there, there is never a "timer" going, and he answers all my questions (I usually have a lot of notes). I am never rushed, so I don't mind the wait. He has seen me thru 2 pregnancies and and regular appointments 4 times a year since. If there is something he is not familiar with, he will happily get you a referral. He knows a lot of Doctors. As stated by a previous poster, he is VERY popular, and very hard to get in. There is a several month wait.I really like him, he is a great Dr. I have to travel 35 minutes to see him, but it is worth it!

February 27th, 2009

Top-notch Doc, If He Can Find Time for You.

The problem with Dr. Katz is that he's popular. Dr. Katz is very popular. He's so popular that he has to keep himself up with self-tanner and plucked eyebrows (for those local magazine covers.) Something tells me if he spent less time getting primped and more time with patients, he might actually get to treat more of us in a semi-timely manner. If you want to see him, get ready to spend a few months waiting for your appointment; once you see him, get ready to have a follow up another several months out. I truly believe that Dr. Katz has damaged my health further by not seeing me before my 4 month follow-up for a review of the medication he prescribed for me for a chronic condition. After calling his office, his nurse relayed some really poor "advice" to me and told me that he wouldn't see me before the 4 month mark (despite the fact that I called less that 3 weeks before that date.) Also, Dr. Katz' vacation came up over the week of my appointment and no one called to rescheduled, so I would have had to have waited another month to be seen. I tried to get an appointment with another doctor, but the clinic would have considered me to be a new patient, so I would have had to have waited another two months from the original appointment date. All in all, I made the choice to call another physician and I am so glad I did. Now, I can get the medical attention I need and hopefully, start to get better! Sure, Dr. Katz is a nice guy and he takes the time to explain things without getting too annoyed by your questions, but at the end of the day, I want a doctor that is going to actually do something to help me get better instead of pass me off until he absolutely has to deal with my 'insignificant little problems' like Dr. Katz. And no, he never referred to my condition as 'insignificant little problems' but he and his nurse should made me feel like that's what they thought of it.

March 28th, 2017