Dr. Harold Mandell Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Harold Mandell?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

September 22nd, 2015

Dont recomend

Dr Mandel takes time to talk with you during your visit . But does not explain things well enough for the patient to understand. He has on numerous occasions told me to do and eat whatever i wanted, told me just to rest advised no physical activity and said he didnt care if it was a candy bar or milkshake but to eat whenever and whatever. I am very health concious love walking and esting as healthy as i can. He had scared me by worrying me about my blood cell count levels which have seemed fine until now when i explained i wasnt pleased with his treatment, and has been asking me to consider chemo instead of my wishes to do everything but chemo until absolutely needed. My levels are far from chemo necessary. I was under the impression and told by my GP and dietician that sugar and fat are what cancer feeds on and to tell me to eat "whatever" seems ignorant and wrong. He should have been encouraging me to eat a healthy diet and being more active. I dont appreciate being scared into treatment. He makes me feel as though i am just another insurance claim/copay that he has me come every month or two just to scare me into coming more often. I am now currently seeking another doctor. He has contradicted other doctors who have given me good advice on eating properly and attempting to fight this properly. He doesnt seem to know anything about nutrition either according to my dieticianand being an oncologist henbhould know and offer sound advice on everybaspect of treatment. His office never calls unless its toset an appointment or get paid, they have never called to check why i have missed appointments and havenever called to check on me after starting new medications.

June 23rd, 2015

Feel very lucky to have Dr. Mandela as my doctor.

From my first visit with Dr. Mandell several years ago he has always made me feel very confident and comfortable with all the decision we have made regarding my plan of care. I am a retired RN so that is an uphill battle for him !! His bedside manner is wonderful and I'm glad he missed the class in med school that taught most Doctors how to "treat your patients like their dummies " He is so knowledgeable and right on target with all of his diagnosis and care. If he is your Doctor consider your self blessed.

June 13th, 2013

Highly Recommend Dr. Mandell

Dr. Mandell makes you feel like you are the only patient he has to see that day. He has always been very thorough, answered all of my questions, and is very knowledgeable.

October 16th, 2015