Dr. Harold McGrath Is this you?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

Neutral

January 30th, 2014

most rude staff ever

Dr. McGrath is patient and seems knowledgable, but the staff is a great reason to go somewhere else. They are rude and very unfriendly. They keep trying to charge me for the PPO discount, which they are not entitled to and refuse to refund the overpayment they recieved. All they want to do is call the police whenever I try to speak with them about it. Also the average wait is about an hour and a half past the scheduled time.

January 17th, 2014

Would not change Dr's

I started seeing Dr. McGrath while I was inpatient 10+ years ago. Dr. McGrath problem knows me better than I know myself. He is doing everything to help me to manage my depression, and if I feel that maybe my medication be reviewed he will and he will take the time to answer my questions. Yes I agree from time to time the wait to see him can be long, but once in his office you are his first priority.

January 9th, 2014

The worst doctor I have seen in 13 years

I am currently waiting to see this doctor for a second time and now I remember why I never came back after the first time. I have been waiting for over 2 and a half hours. They just keep telling me that he is in a meeting. Why would he make appointments with patients if he needed to have a meeting. Also they made me pay money for the visit because they said it is their policy to only use my primary insurance. They won't run the difference through my secondary. What is the point of even taking down the secondary's insurance information? Also while I have been here one man was angry and yelling about his bill so they called the police and took him out on a stretcher to hospital for the way he was acting. I don't Blaim that man after I have been dealing with the same things. Who knows if I say something they might call the police on me too and send me to the hospital! Never again with this craziness!

September 16th, 2013

Doctor with below average rating.

Out of a possible of 4 stars I gave hime a 1. I would give hime less if there was a choice.

September 9th, 2013

Very persistent and insulting

I am very appalled of this man giving my son a diagnoses that does not make sense. This bald-headed idiot said my son had autism even though he wasn't born with it. Also, the symptoms of depression and social anxiety (for which my son was hospitalized for) is not connected with autism. I would recommend seeing another psychiatrist rather than this weirdo. The medication my son was given by McGrath made my son's anxiety and depression much worse than before he was hospitalized.

March 8th, 2012

Dr. Harold McGrath research him before you go

Experience he has, but as far as follow up appointments it is very important to have as many as possable especially if you have a child that is a minor with many conditions this Dr. does not do this you get what you pay for and you pay for things that need to be included he is numb to conditions that patients experience everyday so his feelings are a acting job parents just because they have PHD after their name just means they are schooled but not street schooled he has many qualities that are good but they do not traslate to his work ethics I keep reading that people are stuck with him it seems its the other way around

November 11th, 2011

a no nonsense dr. gets to the heart of your problem. addresses it doesn't pull punches..

July 15th, 2011

3 Words: Awful, Awful, Awful!

Please do better and see someone else! I ended up being stuck with this guy for years because he supposedly knew my history after "seeing" me for so many years. But actually, how it worked was this: he would write me a prescription good for 1 year (now the max they can write it for is 6 mos, but before it was a year) and he would see me at most once a year, if not less (like every year and a 1/2 say, only after I have had some sort of crisis due to his incompetent care). When we did see him, it was mainly a long wait and a 15 min conversation (he is not a good conversationalist, has no warmth to his demeanor) that was stilted and stale. He used to have a dog walk around his office freely: it scared a lot of the patients. He only started to see me regularly after one terrible episode that left me shaky and ill, and then he after this horrible experience, he saw me regularly enough only to mess up with my medications, force me to follow his incompetent orders, and land me in the hospital after HE messed up. In the hospital, under HIS orders, I was restrained, the nurses watched me while I showered, and I had shots forced into me and stuck into my butt (they didn't even give me the option to swallow the pill!) He then had the audacity to say I was treated well in the hospital. If this is their "nice" treatment of patients, I shudder to think of their evil treatment of them, what that must be like. In any case, I was hospitalized in the past, when I was underage, and I know that is not how hospitals work! They treated me much better in the previous hospitalization (and this was when I was thankfully not seeing Dr. McGrath), and handled me with kid gloves, perhaps because I was underage? I don't know. All I know is, this man has messed up with my meds too many times to count. His care is ridiculously incompetent, and he has made mistakes on every level. I have a very serious illness and I should never have had that level of neglect in the past, where I only saw him once a year! I may add that his office staff is rude and the so-called "office manager" should be fired. I witnessed her yell to a patient's face after the patient told her she had violated the HIPAA privacy laws, and she yelled at this patient in front of the entire office staff: they didn't do a thing, and this woman is still working there. I can't believe that kind of treatment is tolerated and allowed, in a psychiatrist's office of all things. I may add that the office smells of urine on most days. McGrath has won many accolades and awards for himself, but I think most people don't see the truth about the man, and don't know how often he has messed up and failed his patients on a fundamental level. He has been sued for malpractice multiple times, and I am tempted to sue him as well: God knows I have a case for it. In any case, save yourself the hassle of seeing a man with such callous disregard for his patient's feelings and mental health: go elsewhere. If you are God forbid hospitalized due to his incompetent care, you would want to go anywhere else but the hospital he is affiliated with: the place is pure torture. See a nice doctor affiliated with a suburban, and not a city hospital: trust me, there is a BIG difference in how they treat their patients. Dr. McGrath, you tore my heart out. Thanks for nothing.

June 16th, 2011

You can do better...

The only reason I am seeing the guy is because I am stuck with him, because he supposedly knows my history. I wouldn't otherwise, because he has traumatized me too much, hospitalizing me under horrific conditions after HE messed up the medication and promised he wouldn't. He has this fake grandpa routine he pulls on you, trying to act like he's a nice guy, but nice guys don't treat their patients so cruelly. He lies too, then denies it, and lies to easily, I have tracked his lies to me many times. Do better: see someone else, someone without a facade.

May 5th, 2011

Nice Doctor

I like Dr. McGrath and have been seeing him for several years. The two downfalls is the very very long wait to see him in his office. He is very bad at returning my calls. I am currently in a crisis and I have been waiting over 48 hours for him to return my call. I have given up. When you do get into his office he is very eager to listen and do what he thinks is best for you. I trust Dr. McGrath, he seems to want to help, he just needs to work on the wait time in his office.

March 25th, 2011

very slow

He is nice and all but the waiting time is very slow and he doesnt seem to say much during the time we spend together

January 4th, 2011