Overall Review

March 16th, 2016
Superb dermatologist, best in the area!
I've been seeing Dr. Mermelstein who had always provided me excellent and accurate service and treatment along with a fantastic bedside manner and wonderful sense of humor!

March 7th, 2016
I had a great experience with Dr. Mermelstein . Dr. Mermelstein was very informative and took his time explaining my issues with my foot/toe. I came into the office a lil early and was seen the time I was scheduled for. friendly, cool guy. He also gave me some cool samples for free, a personal Pumi Bar and samples of Idonia Herbal body cream. nice of him.

January 31st, 2016
Excellent. Finally my skin is beginning to look better, after years of being so self conscious.

December 14th, 2015
Very Knowedeable Doctor
Reviewed on Yelp but I think people will see my review here. I want to help others if I can so they will avoid what I went through. Paying it forward. My Doctor moved and I was afraid to go to another Dermatologist since I had skin cancer twice and the second time had a problem as it was growing under my skin and they say basal cell carcinoma is no big deal - not in my case the second time. I lost the use of muscle over one side of my mouth but you can't tell thank goodness. My doctor handled it so well by referring me to an excellent surgeon that did MOHs Surgery and reconstructive surgery as well. I felt lost without him and never wanted to see another Dermatologist. I saw Dr. Mermelstein recently and I found him to be respectful and knowledgeable. I think he is a very good doctor and really wants to give patients the best medical care he can. I also think he treats the whole person which is important. I highly recommend him and wish I had gone to him after my Dermatologist moved instead of avoiding my dreaded visit to a Dermatologist. I told my story because I think Dr. Mermelstein would have handled my situation as well as my doctor did and so people take care of themselves and avoid what I went through. The cure, in my case, felt worse than the skin cancer which had no symptoms except a very small white looking pimple on the surface of my skin. I will never forget what I went through - the reconstructive surgery was the hardest part. Go to Dr. Mermelstein and you will be in good hands if you need a Dermatologist. I hope this helps someone.

August 14th, 2015
Very pleased with the laser!
Very pleased! I just started doing laser hair removal for my underarms and I'm getting great results with Dr. Mermelstein- thank you!

January 13th, 2015
I have nothing but good things to say about Dr. Mermelstein and his staff! I struggle with both psoriasis and acne and my skin has been looking so much better!!!

August 27th, 2014
awesome doctor
He is attentive, realistic and honest about your condition. He spends time with you and seems like he genuinely cares. My face looks great because of him.

June 9th, 2013
Very happy with this dr
I called the office to make an appointment and they squeezed me in the next day! It was for a rash but there were people there who were doing botox or stuff like that, and seemed to look good to me!

October 28th, 2012
Two thumbs up
I have been to a few dermatologists about acne and hair removal. This has been by far the best experience. I felt like my concerns were addressed, and medications prescribed were appropriate for me.

October 28th, 2012
I have seen him for many years. He is always nice, professional and has always been on target. I would recommend him highly

July 9th, 2012
Good Dermatologist
I have been using Dr. Mermelstein since I was 25 years old, thats 11 years now. Mostly my problems were cosmetic, mole removals, laser treatments for spider veins on my face, etc. Each time I have seen him, I never felt rushed, he listened to my problems and asked a lot of questions before giving me several options. I have recommended him to several people who I see on a daily basis and they are also happy with him and see him yearly. He has Sunday appointments which is awesome. The only downfall I can think of, is that both the Mt. Vernon and the Riverdale offices need to be updated. Their showing their age and really need an overhaul, although the proceedure rooms are quite nice and modern.

June 29th, 2011
doesn't care
Didn't listen, prescribed something completely wrong for my complaint, was mostly interested in rushing me out and getting me to make another appointment.