Dr. Harold Milstein MD Patient Reviews

3.4

• Good
  • Bad

October 6th, 2015
The time in the waiting room is longer than it should be and time with Dr. is shorter than it should be.

August 18th, 2015
no good
I also will not go back. My son had several " pre cancerous" moles removed. He is left with terrible scars and constant itching. The third time he had stiches removed the wound never closed properly. They had to put steri strips on it. Don't go there. also went there for over a year for an acne problems, never resolved. and they always prescribe extremely expensive dermatology prescriptions. Same son had itchy rash on arm. they prescribed a cream. went to pick up at pharmacy and it was over $200!!! and I have a prescription plan. I asked for a generic version and it was available for $10. come on....

June 29th, 2015
poor front office service
the front office staff are horrible, the wait time is painfully long, the billing office is non responsive, except to collect your money up front and not get back to you. I would not recommend this Doctor.

March 12th, 2014
Be warned not to take any children to this practice. They use a sub par pathology lab that does not know how to read pediatric results. They told us our 10 year old son had pre-cancerous cells, removed 3 moles, which resulted in horrible scars. After a second opinion it runs out that the results were read wrong and our child's moles were perfectly normal. All the procedures were handled by Milstein's Physician Assistant Sarah Malstrom. She had no regard for our son's feelings during this entire process. The worst part of the experience was once we were properly diagnosed we never received an apology about what we were put through as a family. If I could give negative stars I would.

April 18th, 2013
THE BEST!
Dr. Milstein is THE BEST! He and his staff were both extremely nice and knowledgeable about what they were doing. I went to get a few moles checked out and he said they looked completely normal, but asked if I would like them removed anyway incase they bothered me. At a previous doctor's office, she was going to charge me for the big mole and then the three other ones, but Dr. Milstein only charged for the big one to be cut off and zapped away the three tiny ones and said they would scab and fall right off! He is the nicest doctor you will meet and he explained everything to me in simple terms and make sure I was comfortable the whole time. I will not go to anyone else besides him!

April 15th, 2013
Patient
The telephone answering program of Family Dermatology STINKS!!! I have left at least 4 messages, emailed them through their website, and even tried to schedule an appointment with their website scheduler. All have had no response because there is no record of my calls, email or appointment that I scheduled on-line. The staff at Hazelton is great but communicating with them by phone is another story. I feel like Wimpie in Popeye the Sailor, call me today and I'll return your call you on Wednesday. Family Dermatology must improve the communication technology being used by member practices. I don't think it is just me that is having a problem. How many other patients and prospective patients are experiencing the same thing. They must improve their inbound means of communication to retain me as a patient.

March 22nd, 2013
another dermatologist to cross off
i have seen several dermatologists and NONE seem to want to listen to me. i specifically went to be treated for acne scarring and spots and was put on medication for pimples. i understand i need to clear up the one or two pimples i have a month. but my main reason for going was to clear up all of the dark spots on my face. i asked at every visit how we could go about treating and was brushed off every time. cancelled last follow up appointment and have no intentions of going back.

March 11th, 2013
doc is good...office is managed awfully
I have been here 4 times...never under 45 minute wait once you are in the office...sitting here now for 1 hour and 10 minutes...ridiculous!

May 21st, 2012
So annoyed
Overbooked

April 6th, 2012
Uses PA's
Unless you want to see a physician assistant go somewhere else. I was seen only by a physician assistant. Dr. Millstein was working out of another office. I was never told until after I was examined that he was not even in the building. Never again. I rated some things as poor because I could not put not applicable. Cant rate his bedside manner when I never saw him - only his bill!!

January 17th, 2012
He is not a dermatologist for young children. My daugther had an horrificexperience with him when she was only 4 years old and suffers from it ever since.

June 15th, 2017