A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Our records indicate this doctor is retired.
Learn more about Dr. Harold Portnoy:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Harold Portnoy is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Harold Portnoy, FACS, MD is board certified in Neurological Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 3 areas:
Education & Awards
Dr. Portnoy graduated from Wayne State University, Detroit. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Portnoy has 6 hospital affiliations:
- St. Joseph Mercy Oakland
- Crittenton Hospital Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Portnoy accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Priority Health - 7 plans
- Health Alliance Plan of Michigan - 7 plans
- United Healthcare - 12 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan - 25 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- HealthPlus of Michigan - 8 plans
- Cigna - 6 plans
- Humana - 8 plans
- Aetna - 2 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Harold D. Portnoy practice?
Dr. Harold Portnoy practices Neurological Surgery near Pontiac, MI.
Additional practice locations include: Southfield, MI and West Bloomfield, MI.
See Pontiac Surgeons.