Harold M Reed MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

September 24th, 2016
Wonderful, Processional from the time I entered to the time I left
Omg....so much knowledge and Miss Anne is a jewel..so personable and professional

January 19th, 2016
Horrible Doctor
After being on testosterone for 2 years and relocating, I called his office and inquired about getting a script. I was told to come in and that I would get a script easily after law work because I was already on hormones. When I arrived for my appointment, I was charged $250 immediately by receptionist for the consultation! Assuming I was leaving with a script, I paid with no questions asked. After meeting with dr reed (listening to him brag about phalloplasty procedures that he does which were unrelated to what I wanted at the time) he proceeded to tell me that he would write me a script but it would cost $650 to be his patient a year! I told him his office lied to me on the phone and I was not under the impression that this was a "members only" club. He refused to respond and opened his door while waiting for me to get up and leave. Horribly insensitive and money hungry Doctor. He should not be allowed to practice anymore. His vocabulary and practice methods are extremely dated and flawed. Visit his webpage for a better look.

December 13th, 2015
IM BE TRUTHFUL
I had a sex change procedure done by this man and when I woke up he told me everything was fine I was so happy it was something that I always want it done so you can only imagine how I felt it was not a lot of pain I thought it would be a very painful procedure but it wasn't I went to be dialated the day before I left but he couldn't even dilating he told the nurse to get this metal thing and try to push it inside of me but that didn't work I'm so hurt the staff was lovely everyone was nice to me the doctor he was nice he treated me well I was so upset that everything did not work out for me he told me that I will have to come back and he can fix it but I've been terrified to even go back I don't think that anyone want to go back and have a surgery like this for someone to fix something that they should fix in the first place is it need to be fixed everything should already work I did my part I came I pay my money and I showed up what I can say is I can have an orgasm I do get wet not super wet but I do get wet so that's the one thing that saves me from going crazy because I can come or have an orgasm however you call it he was a nice man I would say that the nurse is nice all in all if I could do it all over again I would have went out the country, lost and confused that's me this is my story

December 4th, 2015
i had a full sex change11 years ago in Ecuador ,and i need an labial reconstruction ,the doctor projects exactly what i want, so respectful, he its a delightful gentleman ,as Ann his assistant, for 35 years ,there where so welcoming with me ,and that its very important,he take the time to my interview ,I'm going to proceed with the surgery next month , i tell you later ,thanks .

April 17th, 2015
Dr Reed Circumcised me in 2008 very wise decision on my part

April 12th, 2015
Dr. Reed and staff are second to none. I would recommend.

January 5th, 2015
my circumcision procedure experience with Dr Harold Reed
I did my adult circumcision procedure. It was all successful and as I expected. I do recommend him for any one who want to take this kind of procedure.

July 10th, 2012
The office is busy, even hectic, but my circumcision procedure was easy and of top surgical quality. His skills as a surgeon are very high. He just needs to be less busy.

July 6th, 2011
Horrible
Dr.Reed is a callous butcher, money grubbing crook!Stay away.He will hurt you.

July 1st, 2011
It is not a true
All these nice and good comments he writes by himself or asking friends to do it.This plus the so called Arbitration agreement that he is pushing the patients to sign and to give up their rights is helping him to survive in this business.Very soon the Agreement will be avaliable on-line so before go there, read it first.

May 17th, 2011
I heard horror stories about his practice
I heard a terrible stories about him regarding people who are seeking sex change surgery or other type of genital surgery-he injured so many of them and after that is playing like nothing happened.He will charge you less compare to another surgeons of this specialty but you will have less quality too.And when it comes to your genital organs i dont think you will want it.I was there 2-3 years ago only for check up.They charged me 250 usd for a consultation and after i paid they turn to complitely different people-rude and arrogant.The doctor even didnt listen to me when i was explaining why i am there.Instead he rushed me into the examination room took a marker and start writing on my genital skin.I was so embarrased ,i felt terrible i was trying to explain why i am there but...When he finished writing he said my surgery will cost 6000 usd.For my problem in his website he put the price of 2500 for this procedure but for unknown reason he told me to pay 6000 usd and rush me to pay 3000 deposit up front to keep the date.Once i get dressed i ran away from there and i will never go back.Stay away from him, he is 70 years old and i think he is not for this job anymore.Don't go there.

May 16th, 2011
very disapointed
There is 2 types of Dr.Reed-prepaid-nice and polite and postpaid-once he got your deposit(50% of what your surgery costs) he forgets about you and turns to completely different person-rude and arrogant.When that happened with me i decided to check if there is anybody injured from him-i found a lot of horror stories about him and patients he injured permanently.I gave up to go to him and call to ask my deposit(1750usd) back but neither he or his secretary answer any more.The only thing they are interested in are your money,nothing else.There is no lawsuits against him because after you pay the deposit he is forcing you to sign so called Arbitration agreement.Signing this document patient actually give up the rights to sue him in case of injury.Most of the patient ahve been asked to sign the document just before the surgery after everything is paid and even doesnt allow the patients to read it carefully.This is how this "doctor" survived for so long.Stay away-he will make you verry unhappy-read the injured patients stories in internet.