Dr. Del Schutte, MD
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Surgical Specialist

Jun 25th, 2015

Wonderful physcian and man.

I would not recommend Dr Schutte show details I would not recommend Dr Schutte
Jun 29th, 2013

At age 68 I fell and broke my hip while out for an evening walk. I lay in the hospital for 2 days waiting for a replacement and finally Dr Schutte did it without ever seeing me or discussing my lifestyle. I was not a rocking chair 68. I either walked or used a treadmill every day. When I was on the treadmill I walked at 3.5 mph for 2 miles per day min. Had he bothered to learn about my lifestyle and the longevity in my family, perhaps he would have done a full hip replacement instead of a hemi. My mother lived untl she was 89, one grandmother 84 and the other 93. This hip is supposed to be good for about 10 years. What am I supposed to do, drop dead when the cartiledge is gone in my hip to make my Dr Schutte look good? I can't walk more than two blocks without the ball irritating the cartiledge and causing me pain. He destroyed the quality of my life.

Hip Replacement Patient show details Hip Replacement Patient
by Laura N. on Feb 21st, 2013

I had a very complicated left hip problem after having bilateral hip replacements. I saw many orthopedic surgeons to fix the problem. Dr. Schutte was the ONLY surgeon that was able to make it better, and I am now pain free. He responded to me via Email, saw me last minute, took my pain serious, and explained everything to me. I am now back to wakeboarding competitively (which is not what messed up my hips to begin with), and the only reason I can do this type sport is because he is that good of an orthopedic surgeon. I would recommend him to my family and my friends. He gave me my life back, and I will be forever thankful to him.

Double knee replacement show details Double knee replacement
Mar 27th, 2012

I have been very pleased at Dr Schutte and his staff as well as the attendents at MUSC during my surgery and recovery.Would hightly recommend Dr Schutte and his staff.