Dr. Harold Schutte Jr MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

July 28th, 2017
Highly satisfied
I have been a patient of Dr Schutte on two occasions in the past two years, first for a double hip replacement and recently for a carpal tunnel release. On both occasions, I have had a wonderful experience, with superb results. The office is modern, with efficient, caring and friendly staff, and the whole in-patient experience was flawless. Dr Schutte is a highly skillful surgeon, with a wonderful bedside manner, and excellent outcomes. I wouldn't go anywhere else.

February 13th, 2017
Very thorough !!!
I had a hip replacement done in Massachusetts several years ago and it was a metal on metal hip. I wanted to discuss the possible side effects . Dr. Schutte was extremely thorough and answered all of my questions. His entire staff was courteous and extremely helpful. If we determine that a revision is necessary, then he will definitely be my choice.

January 3rd, 2017
AWESOME DR. and TEAM
Dr. Schutte and his team are awesome! He gave my husband his life back and we are so thankful. The entire experience from the first appt. to the post op was professional and personal. If you are considering knee replacement I would definitely recommend Dr. Schutte and his team of PA's and NP, they were all so helpful and my family will forever be grateful that this experience was helpful and a good one.

May 24th, 2016
Happy Hipster!
I had total hip replacement done by Dr. Schutte and the team at CIAO. They are the best. They have a comprehensive program that should be a model for other orthopedic practices and hospitals. If you are in the area and need joint work done, this is the group you should see!

February 11th, 2016
Greatest Hip Surgeon
I had two hip surgeries done by Doctor Schutte. Best surgeon ever. Sent all my friends and family members to him.

September 24th, 2015
Outstanding surgeon and person! Successful hip surgery replacement. Highly recommend Dr Schutte and his team.

June 25th, 2015
Wonderful physcian and man.

June 29th, 2013
I would not recommend Dr Schutte
At age 68 I fell and broke my hip while out for an evening walk. I lay in the hospital for 2 days waiting for a replacement and finally Dr Schutte did it without ever seeing me or discussing my lifestyle. I was not a rocking chair 68. I either walked or used a treadmill every day. When I was on the treadmill I walked at 3.5 mph for 2 miles per day min. Had he bothered to learn about my lifestyle and the longevity in my family, perhaps he would have done a full hip replacement instead of a hemi. My mother lived untl she was 89, one grandmother 84 and the other 93. This hip is supposed to be good for about 10 years. What am I supposed to do, drop dead when the cartiledge is gone in my hip to make my Dr Schutte look good? I can't walk more than two blocks without the ball irritating the cartiledge and causing me pain. He destroyed the quality of my life.

February 21st, 2013
Hip Replacement Patient
I had a very complicated left hip problem after having bilateral hip replacements. I saw many orthopedic surgeons to fix the problem. Dr. Schutte was the ONLY surgeon that was able to make it better, and I am now pain free. He responded to me via Email, saw me last minute, took my pain serious, and explained everything to me. I am now back to wakeboarding competitively (which is not what messed up my hips to begin with), and the only reason I can do this type sport is because he is that good of an orthopedic surgeon. I would recommend him to my family and my friends. He gave me my life back, and I will be forever thankful to him.

March 27th, 2012
Double knee replacement
I have been very pleased at Dr Schutte and his staff as well as the attendents at MUSC during my surgery and recovery.Would hightly recommend Dr Schutte and his staff.

July 21st, 2017