Surgeons

1300 Hospital Dr
Ste 150
Mount Pleasant, SC 29464
843-971-9350
Locations and availability (3)

3.0

|  I would not recommend Dr Schutte  |  show details
Jun 29th, 2013

At age 68 I fell and broke my hip while out for an evening walk. I lay in the hospital for 2 days waiting for a replacement and finally Dr Schutte did it without ever seeing me or discussing my lifestyle. I was not a rocking chair 68. I either walked or used a treadmill every day. When I was on the treadmill I walked at 3.5 mph for 2 miles per day min. Had he bothered to learn about my lifestyle and the longevity in my family, perhaps he would have done a full hip replacement instead of a hemi. My mother lived untl she was 89, one grandmother 84 and the other 93. This hip is supposed to be good for about 10 years. What am I supposed to do, drop dead when the cartiledge is gone in my hip to make my Dr Schutte look good? I can't walk more than two blocks without the ball irritating the cartiledge and causing me pain. He destroyed the quality of my life.

|  Hip Replacement Patient  |  show details
by Laura N. on Feb 21st, 2013

I had a very complicated left hip problem after having bilateral hip replacements. I saw many orthopedic surgeons to fix the problem. Dr. Schutte was the ONLY surgeon that was able to make it better, and I am now pain free. He responded to me via Email, saw me last minute, took my pain serious, and explained everything to me. I am now back to wakeboarding competitively (which is not what messed up my hips to begin with), and the only reason I can do this type sport is because he is that good of an orthopedic surgeon. I would recommend him to my family and my friends. He gave me my life back, and I will be forever thankful to him.

|  Double knee replacement  |  show details
Mar 27th, 2012

I have been very pleased at Dr Schutte and his staff as well as the attendents at MUSC during my surgery and recovery.Would hightly recommend Dr Schutte and his staff.