shunt show details shunt
by Ricky Savage on Jun 5th, 2015

Dr smith is a great Doctor he's very caring about the people he cares for and has a great staff chad is great he is always checking on my wife we are blessed to have had them taking care of my wife

Mrs. show details Mrs.
by Carol on Apr 13th, 2015

Since March of 2008 when I was first diagnosed with a brain tumor (astrocytoma grade 3), I have relied on Dr. Smith's expertise as a neurosurgeon. Due to the ability to send my MRI images to a brain cancer researcher and oncologist in San Antonio, I was able to get a second opinion which concurred with Dr. Smith's diagnosis and plan of action. He spent a couple of hours explaining my condition to our son in NYC. I have had 3 brain surgeries with Dr. Smith and multiple office visits. His nurse, Cathy, is very helpful as she does the intake so Smith has the info he needs before walking into the exam room. She is cheerful, clean, friendly and efficient. I am ok with the wait time as I appreciate the time spent with me so I appreciate that other patients get similar time considerations. I just take a good book, my knitting (Dr. Smith has encouraged me to continue knitting) and sometimes a snack. Last time I took a walk outside around the perimeter of the building. I will soon be starting restorative yoga to help me with my balance and muscle strength - recommendation from Smith. After over 6 years of care my review is that Dr. Smith is an excellent doctor. My family and I are thankful he is in Lubbock.

Lumbar diskectomy show details Lumbar diskectomy
by Craig K on Jul 22nd, 2014

From the first call to the office to the post operative visit, the staff was top notch!. I had 3 herniated disks in my lower lumbar with severe sciatica. Every step I took brought me to tears!. Initially Chad (NP) informed me that it would be treated as conservatively as possible. Dr. Smith advised us that it would definitely a strong surgical candidate!. For as much as I didn't want surgery, I equally couldn't stand the pain! They were able to work me into surgery the following morning utilizing the most conservative approach. No screws, no fusion, micro diskectomy, and 2 days following the surgery, I am myself again! Recovering, but all pain is gone and I would recommend Dr. Smith to anyone!

Brain tumor removed show details Brain tumor removed
Jul 8th, 2014

Dr. Smith explains the recovery time and everything to you so that you don't miss a thing. He is a wonderful doctor. He is keeping an eye on me. I had a brain tumor removed 3 years ago. He is watching it. I have been very pleased with his work and the doctor he is.

by Brooke K on Apr 2nd, 2014

Dr Smith is a top rated neurosurgeon in the USA. I know I did my home work. He saved my life. I would highly recommended him. Even after 9hours in surgery, and was in recovery, I didn't get sick. That's a gold star in my book

by Ellen W. on Jun 11th, 2013

Dr Smith gave me back my life! He is a highly skilled neurosurgeon and I am so very grateful he was available to use that talent for me. I drive 7 hours round trip to keep my visits with him. Thank you, Dr Smith, that I CAN drive!

Patient show details Patient
by L on Feb 7th, 2013

I was not impressed

Patient show details Patient
Jul 26th, 2012

I am lucky to have Dr.Smith as my doctor! I tell everyone that I feel that the VERY best neurosurgeons are out in Lubbock! They are worth the drive way out west, and west Texas is lucky to have them.

Dr. Smith is an amazing asset to West Texas show details Dr. Smith is an amazing asset to West Texas
Nov 18th, 2011

I'll put it to you this way. Less than one year ago I couldn't walk across the room without a cane due to a brain tumor. Last week I finished the San Antonio half marathon. Dr. Smith is incredibly skilled, focused, and determined to fix what's wrong with you. If you need to have brain surgery in West Texas or Eastern New Mexico, look no further. I don't think you'll find anyone more skilled than him anywhere in the country.

Oct 26th, 2011

Lucky to be alive, he did brain surgery in 07 did not reach aneurysm, went to Dallas they did coiling much less evasive. Last time I sar him he told me to prepare to go blind, thank god I got a second opinion.

Excellent Doctor show details Excellent Doctor
Oct 12th, 2011

He is down-to-Earth and easy to talk to. He knows what he is talking about and explains it all very well. I wouldn't want my brain cut into by anyone else.

no title show details no title
May 4th, 2011

He has no bedside manner and waiting time is over an hour even as youve bee placed in a room.

Apr 20th, 2010

pompass, had never looked at my chart.