Dr. Harold York MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.9

January 4th, 2016
This doctor is a quack
This doctor needs stop practicing medicine. He was a quack back in the 80's when my kids were young and is worse now with my granddaughter. As an infant he didn't want her drinking water. Instead this fool had her on sports drinks. Now at the age of 5 he has prescribed Adderall for my granddaughter. He came to the conclusion of putting her on Adderall by asking 2 questions. 1) Does she sit still when eating her favorite food? 2) Does she sit still while watching her favorite TV show? First of all when she is watching something on TV she likes she zones into it. Second of all what 5 year old takes the time to sit down and eat a meal like an adult. I think instead of putting her on meds he should have referred her parents to parenting class. This doctor needs his license yanked.

August 5th, 2015
The best pediatrician in Metairie!

November 19th, 2014
I love Dr. York and his staff they are amazing. I called the day my daughter was sick and was able to get an appointment that day. The receptionist is amazing, very sweet and helpful. When you get into the office the wait times are very short and never longer than 15 minutes. After the nurse takes you back they were so sweet and kind to my daughter who was feel so bad, they made an unpleasant experience pleasant. Then on the way out the door they let her pick any sticker she wanted. She felt better after we left. I would recommend him to anyone looking for an all around great doctor.

January 16th, 2014
My 2 sons have gone to Dr. York for years
Dr. York is a wonderful Pediatrician. He is very accurate and we've been very happy with him and his staff for many years. They are very careful and you get an appointment the same day and the wait time is never long at all. I switched to him many years ago after getting tired of waiting 3 and 4 hours to see my old team of pediatricians. It's never been that way with Dr. York. I completely trust him with both of my sons and would not go anywhere else. Very highly recommended.

April 30th, 2013
Had a vist because my child had a bad reaction to something. As I am telling him what is going on, he cuts me off and tells me what the problem is without knowing any information about her. He diagnosed her with mosquito bites. He did not care or took his time to find out the problem. To make matters worst, I told him he was not listening and he needs to so he can diagose her correctly. His response was, " I have been a Dr. for over 20 years, when you become a Dr. then you can talk to me". A few weeks later another reaction occured and I went to Dr. Meyn (which is excellent) and she told me she have allergies, not mosquito bites. If I did not have to put a star, he wouldn't have gotten any.

May 25th, 2012
Happy Parent!
Love this doctor. I know one of staff members and I just loved my experience. My children loved how the doctor spoke and interacted with them. I have been to several doctors but have never felt so confident. Appointment scheduling was a breeze and I had no wait at all. Hard to find an experienced doctor these days - he is a keeper!

August 27th, 2009
Most thorough doctor that I have ever seen.