Dr. Haroon Choudhri MD Patient Reviews

3.8

• Good
  • Bad

May 29th, 2017
He almost paralyzed my son

January 5th, 2017
Back, Neck, Spinal Cord stimulator implant, neck back with rods and fixed scoliosis.
Dr Choudri took spinal cord stimulator out and repaired T6-T11 and put rods in. Screws in rods started working out of rods. No fault of doctor. Neck surgery rods put in neck C2-C7 was a success. Took rods out of back after 2 years. Replaced spinal cord stimulator, was a success. 12/10/15 replaced rods in neck, repaired scoliosis T1-T5, put rods in from T1-T10. Failure. When came time for final check up he had left Georgia Medical Center. My neck is set cricked, my muscles have seized up in shoulders and upper back causing me to be unable to stand up straight and have 30 degree slope in upper back. Very painful. Dr that I saw gave me 2 options: try finding a doctor that can work to get muscles to relax and eventually could possibly do rehab or he could refer me to Emory to doctor for more surgery as it is now considered a deformity. I have no way of contacting Dr Choudhri. Very disappointed as he told me this would fix me.

November 4th, 2016
An answer to prayer
Dr. Choudhri took on my case when other doctors only wanted to give me pills for pain management. Dr. C looked me in the eyes and said, "I will make you well." He has been an amazing doctor to work with. I am still undergoing care but his is living up to his promise!

October 25th, 2016
Terrible
He operated on my mother. She coded on the table because they nicked something. She's been in excruciating pain since the days she's had the surgery. Two years later nothing has improved went to get a second opinion the dr said she never needed the surgery to begin with. He talks like he knows everything just to get your money.

October 10th, 2016
Amazing Doctor
My personal experience with Dr Choudhri, has been nothing more that outstanding. I had four low back surgeries and one neck surgery prior to finally being introduced to dr Choudhri. My first appointment with dr Choudhri , he ordered test and with my follow up appointment explain the findings to me and told me he was confident that yes he could help me. This doctor is by far the most amazing I have ever had the privilege and honor of knowing. Not only is he very thorough and competent he is also the nicest and most caring doctor you will ever have treating you. Dr Choudhri, has been a true answer of prayer. I would follow this doctor anywhere just to have the peace of mind knowing that my problem was being treated by the best. Dr Choudhri, Thank You for all you have done for me. I feel very confident and rest assured that if I need another surgery that with Dr Choudhri and his team I will have the best surgeon and care possible .

September 27th, 2016
Multiple Surgeries
Dr. Choudhri has one of the best bedside manners of any doctor that I have ever dealt with. He has done 4 surgeries on me and one of them was a 2 day, back to back extensive surgery on the front of my neck the first day and the next day the back of my neck. He is very compassionate about his work and will only operate if it necessary which I think is great because that means he's not out for the almighty $. I don't think you will find a better surgeon than he is. I highly recommend him.

April 25th, 2014
Sophie's father
Subsequent to Dr. Choudhri's surgery to repair spinal scoliosis, spinal protrusions and spinal stenosis I not only have not healed but am confined to bed. I was led to believe that there was a 95% chance of a successful outcome. Now, after almost 2 years, my life is bed to a lift to a wheelchair to a lift and back to bed. A second opinion indicated there was no immediate solution. Dr. Choudhri was open to going, but extremely reluctant to going, to a distant reputable medical expert. Now I'm confined to bed and a few hours in the wheelchair for the rest of my life. I can only hope that my life won't be too long. I wish I didn't have the surgery or taken his estimate of success.

July 25th, 2013
World-class neurosurgeon
Dr. Choudhri performed an incredible risky, long, and technically difficult procedure on a family member to not only repair some herniated disk but also to remove a cancerous bony tumor. While there has been some ups and downs post-surgery (as in all major surgeries) none have been serious and Dr. Choudhri monitored the case extremely closely, calling in teams of experts for every possible contingency. It was his own surgical skill, however, that saved the life of my family member, and - looking back upon it, now - I would not have wanted any other doctor in the world to operate on my loved one.

August 16th, 2012
he put me in icu for 7days after releasing me from hospital

June 27th, 2012
Listens to the patient
I have seen countless doctors who have quickly dismissed issues as being stress related or related to diet. Most take a look at me, tap my knees and elbows, have me walk a few steps and then dismiss suggesting physical therapy. This doctor listened and paid attention to 2 very important symptoms that not even I knew were important at the time, he gets me into the MRI and found the answer to a 20 year question of why my arm and hand go numb and why over time my balance and gait became too unstable to walk safely. 20 years...one doctor listens.

July 7th, 2017