Dr. Harrel Butler MD Patient Reviews

3.4

November 9th, 2016
Thank you for the professionalism you express in your work each day...
As a Dad (parent) you always look at your child as your baby even when they grow older. Cameron (your patient, our 21 year old baby) is one of the healthiest guys I know and a person who never complains. When Cameron experienced intense gastrointestinal pain and other symptoms which pushed him to his limits for days your effort to diagnose, professionalism in follow up and after hours effort helped us to quickly understand and turn the corner on an unknown quantity; the source of the problem. I have been seeing you for some time and it is always obvious from your attention to the patient's feedback and your thoroughness in extracting a deeper understanding of the history of the problem that Cameron is not special; that you manage all your patients with this laser like precision. I wanted to take the time to express the sincere gratitude of both parents (Allison & George (me)) for helping our child and share with the community the precious resource your are. Thank you for your caring, passion and precision in the important work you do every day...

December 31st, 2015
Uncaring
Waited over half an hour. The nurse was nice but Dr. Butler was uncaring on so many levels. I actually cut my visit short due to his arrogant and thoughtless manner.
Doctor's Response

Hello I apologize for your experience. I will visit with the doctor and the Clinic Manager to discuss your concerns. I hope you will grant us another opportunity so we can provide you with utmost customer service at ARC. Please contact ARC's Provider and Patient Relations Manager, Robin E., at 512-231-5500 if you would like to further discuss your concerns. Thank you, Robin E.

July 24th, 2014
Great Doctor

October 29th, 2012
Only saw this Dr. Because he was the only one with a time slot.
Waited for a very long time. Literally took 45 min to be seen and not including the time I arrived early. I couldn't help but feel rushed like he was just trying to be in and out and on to the next patient. Kind of like making your #'s look good but it doesn't mean that they are good... Was overall dissatisfied with his opinion and possible resolution to the problem. Will not see again

October 24th, 2011
Great Doctor!
Doctor Butler is very personable. He is a great doctor and considers everything carefully before making a diagnosis.

November 4th, 2010
Not Impressed at All
I made an appointment with this Dr. For my child twice. Both times he left me feeling unhappy with the way he conducted himself. The bottom line is he comes off as a complete know-it-all and has a problem listening to his patients (or their parent). I respect a doctor for his medical knowledge and expertise, however I expect a doctor to respect the fact that I will know my child a lot better than he will after 10 minutes. I also expect him to have good manners and not interrupt me in the middle of a sentence and dismiss me as though I am an idiot. I've since found a new family doctor who is both smart and has the ability to listen before making an assessment. Until this guy improves his bedside manner I think there are much better options out there.

October 28th, 2009