Dr. Harriet Scheft MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.8

November 4th, 2016
Quality care
I have type 1 bipolar disorder. Dr. Sheft has listened to my concerns about side effects on medication and works with me to adjust them. I have benefited from my appointments with her.

September 15th, 2013
Lies,manipulates,screws with people,
She cant seem to figure out the difference between Depression and bipolar disorder and will ony feed you lots of meds she believes work even though you tell het THEY ARE NOT WORKING but says hey your better on them,better than what??? THEY ARE NOT WORKING and when you want to try another med she says NO when they are not working and you have tons of symptoms STILL if you try to go else where she screws with your new doctors and YOUR LIFE.What a mistake going to her.

November 6th, 2012
made my recovery worse!
I saw her a few times for pain management following a broken back and neck and fusion surgery. I was on narcotics, which was controlling my pain and had no side effects, but she advised I should switch onto something else (she deals with addiction, but that was not an issue for me). Over the next few months following this traumatic injury, I had increased pain and terrible mental and physical side effects from all the different medications she had me try. My parents even had to accompany me to the last visit because I was so fragile I needed a strong presence to judge that her medical advise for my situation was damaging.I switched to Beth Israel pain management, where they had me stabilize back onto the original narcotics I had been taking since they worked well for me, and my side effects neutralized. I should have never seen Dr. Scheft.

September 12th, 2011
Blew me off
Dismissive, disrespectful, uninformed, manipulative.