Dr. Harris Gellman MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.3

April 19th, 2016
Waited two hours past my appt time (the office does encourage you to call to see how far behind he is running), and was then told I must have a xray done in the office before Dr. Gellman would see me. I explained that #1)My insurance doesn't pay for xrays unless they are done in a Broward Health facility, and 2) His fee of $25.00 is $15.00 MORE than the co-pay I would pay under my plan and 3) what I am coming in for may not NEED an xray. After speaking to Dr. Gellman the young lady informed me he would not see me without an xray. I got my $20.00 co-pay back and left. Had the office informed me of this policy I never would have made an appointment. One star is one too many.

September 7th, 2015
Grateful person
He is a very good person and surgeon, and nice staff.

July 21st, 2015
Excellent Doctor and staff!
It's been about 6 years since I've seen Dr Gellman. He was great with me. He saved my left hand when I had contracted an aggressive infection. Between his care and the daily wound therapy his office provided, I have no doubt about his concern for his patients.

April 20th, 2015
He was very caring. I have small children and he was very understanding. He accomodated my schedule and did a great job on my surgery - no scar!

March 9th, 2015
Dr. Gellman is an absolute professional! As a pianist, my hands are my livelihood and he protected them with a very conservative approach to my treatment. I was afraid and untrusting after a bad experience with another doctor, but Dr. Gellman turned my unfortunate situation around to be as painless as possible. I am so grateful for his expertise.

May 5th, 2014
Excellent Surgeon and Physician
I fractured my wrist. The general orthopedist at the hospital did the best he could do at the time. He referred my to Dr. Gellman, and referred to him as the best hand surgeon he had ever met. I was in pain, had nerve damage and my wrist was deformed. After I had surgery with Dr Gellman my wrist and hand are good as new. Thank you Dr Gellman.

November 20th, 2013
Excellent Doctor
I have read other reviews here and I can say they really do not reflect my experience with Dr. Gellman, He was caring and kind. I had been to other doctors for the same problem but he was the only one who actually took the time to figure out what was wrong with my wrist.

September 19th, 2012
He questioned as to whether the pain that I had was "legitimate". He made this weird analogy that "Just because you see a red fire engine doesn't mean there is a fire." He thought that my pain that I had was due to an accident that involved my wrist. If he had taken the time to check my elbow, he would have found that the ulnar nerve had been crushed in my cubital tunnel.

September 18th, 2012
Excellent!

July 9th, 2012
Excellent!
What an exceptional Doctor, specializing in hands...Dr. Gellman knows his stuff, takes his time and has an excellent reputation and bedside manner. He treated my son and couldn't have been better!

March 22nd, 2012
A very good experience
Wait time is long even though patients are screened by several staff for X-rays, etc. Was referred to him by a nurse practitioner whose mother had been denied treatment due to high risk factors, but had very successful results due to Dr. Gellman's expertise.My results were successful, too.

September 20th, 2011
Skeeved me out!
The waiting room was cramped with what looked like my Grandmother's dining room chairs. Office cluterred and dirty. Dr. Gellman himself was unkempt: unshaven, dirty uncombed hair, and a big stain on the front of his dingy white lab coat. Seemed to rush through the visit, and verbally berated the very nice young X-ray tech in my presence. I decided to go elsewhere.