Dr. Harris Gellman Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Harris Gellman?

Metastatic Melanoma

Have you seen Dr. Harris Gellman?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

April 19th, 2016

Waited two hours past my appt time (the office does encourage you to call to see how far behind he is running), and was then told I must have a xray done in the office before Dr. Gellman would see me. I explained that #1)My insurance doesn't pay for xrays unless they are done in a Broward Health facility, and 2) His fee of $25.00 is $15.00 MORE than the co-pay I would pay under my plan and 3) what I am coming in for may not NEED an xray. After speaking to Dr. Gellman the young lady informed me he would not see me without an xray. I got my $20.00 co-pay back and left. Had the office informed me of this policy I never would have made an appointment. One star is one too many.

Doctor's Response

I am sorry that the patient doesn't understand that an X-ray is as important to an Orthopedic Hand Surgeon as an EKG is to a Cardiologist. I regularly find 12-15 diagnosed bone tumors each year. Having X-rays done at the time of the visit saves the patients a second trip to the radiologist. Most commonly we get special views that are not routinely done as part of the standard x-ray series. If we are informed that cost is an issue, accommodation can be made, Most importantly, the patient comes to the doctor for a diagnosis of their problem, if they knew what studies to do, and how to diagnose and treat their problem there would be no need to see a doctor.

SHOW

September 8th, 2015

Grateful person

He is a very good person and surgeon, and nice staff.

July 22nd, 2015

Excellent Doctor and staff!

It's been about 6 years since I've seen Dr Gellman. He was great with me. He saved my left hand when I had contracted an aggressive infection. Between his care and the daily wound therapy his office provided, I have no doubt about his concern for his patients.

April 20th, 2015

He was very caring. I have small children and he was very understanding. He accomodated my schedule and did a great job on my surgery - no scar!

March 9th, 2015

Dr. Gellman is an absolute professional! As a pianist, my hands are my livelihood and he protected them with a very conservative approach to my treatment. I was afraid and untrusting after a bad experience with another doctor, but Dr. Gellman turned my unfortunate situation around to be as painless as possible. I am so grateful for his expertise.

May 6th, 2014

Excellent Surgeon and Physician

I fractured my wrist. The general orthopedist at the hospital did the best he could do at the time. He referred my to Dr. Gellman, and referred to him as the best hand surgeon he had ever met. I was in pain, had nerve damage and my wrist was deformed. After I had surgery with Dr Gellman my wrist and hand are good as new. Thank you Dr Gellman.

November 20th, 2013

Excellent Doctor

I have read other reviews here and I can say they really do not reflect my experience with Dr. Gellman, He was caring and kind. I had been to other doctors for the same problem but he was the only one who actually took the time to figure out what was wrong with my wrist.

September 20th, 2012

He questioned as to whether the pain that I had was "legitimate". He made this weird analogy that "Just because you see a red fire engine doesn't mean there is a fire." He thought that my pain that I had was due to an accident that involved my wrist. If he had taken the time to check my elbow, he would have found that the ulnar nerve had been crushed in my cubital tunnel.

September 18th, 2012

Excellent!

July 9th, 2012

Excellent!

What an exceptional Doctor, specializing in hands...Dr. Gellman knows his stuff, takes his time and has an excellent reputation and bedside manner. He treated my son and couldn't have been better!

June 21st, 2012

Nasty guy

March 22nd, 2012

A very good experience

Wait time is long even though patients are screened by several staff for X-rays, etc. Was referred to him by a nurse practitioner whose mother had been denied treatment due to high risk factors, but had very successful results due to Dr. Gellman's expertise.My results were successful, too.