Neurologist (brain, nervous system), Psychiatrist

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

1.5

|  Disappointed  |  show details
Jul 27th, 2013

I have been seeing a psychiatrist for depression and medication for over five years. We recently moved to the Houston area giving me the need to find a new doctor. Dr.Harris Hauser was able to see me immediately, which should have given me some indication. He listened to my past history without really hearing what I was saying. He never once asked me about my family, job, or feelings. He gave me a lecture on what he thought it meant to be "depressed" and "bipolar". He said I didn't fit either category because I looked okay (I was dressed nicely and wasn't crying). I told him I have learned to hold my emotions in when I'm in public. He didn't seem to care. It took four visits over the course of three months, and he didn't prescribe any medication to alleviate my symptoms; that had previously been diagnosed by two psychiatrists. I will not go back to him, and would avoid sending anyone in crisis or emotional instability to his office.

|  Uncomfortable visit  |  show details
May 24th, 2012

I was referred to Dr. Hauser due to neuro symptoms that suggested MS. Hand carried MRI's of brain that radiologist had id'd areas of demylination. He scoffed at Dr. Snow's evaluation of the MRI and said he could not see any of the lesions. When I visit a doc I never wear makeup as it can mask things doctor may need to see. SO, on his personal notes he wrote "Patient appearance BIZARE-no makeup and hair in braids" I was dressed neatly in a dress and hose and wore my braids in a "crown" as I am a middle age lady. It hurt my feelings. He was cold and rude.