Dr. Harrison Bowes Jr MD Patient Reviews

• Ophthalmology San Antonio, TX

4.7

February 16th, 2015
This is one of the best doctor. Down to earth . Big heart .

January 13th, 2014
Disappointed
We were referred to Dr. Bowes for glaucoma. He appears thorough in his exam but does not explain things in detail. He did a laser procedure on my father but never spoke to me about what to expect when we went home. Y The nurse gave me drops and sent me home. The last thing the nurse said was that if the pressure was not better in 4 weeks they would do surgery and then closed the door and left me in waiting room in shock.my father is almost legally blind and we want to do all we can to help. Dr. Bowes has an office that is cluttered and behind the times. He wears lab jackets that are off white and yellow with stains. His finger nails are not trimmed and his hair is uncombed. A doctor of his stature should be well groomed, attentive and hair combed. His grooming habits are a reflection of the level of work he does on his patients.

July 10th, 2009
Terrific
I have been seeing Dr Bowes for about 20 years and he has been exemplary. I wouldn't consider changing! He has a great bedside manner and really helps with any problems, particularly if you need to go back. Highly recommended!

March 23rd, 2009
The best in his field.
I have received the best care during my years of treatment. He is the most caring, compassionate and insightful doctor I've had over the last 45 yrs. of medical care.