Family Practitioner, Cardiothoracic Surgeons
1101 Nott St
Suite 4B
Schenectady, NY 12308
518-243-3610
Locations and availability (3)

3.0

|  The Best  |  show details
by Richard M on Jun 16th, 2014

Dr Depan did my Mom's heart valve replacement at age 81. The surgery was 100% successful and we are forever in his debt. The decision to go ahead on the surgery was a difficult one. Dr Depan was our "leader", we trusted in him and his confidence, and we were rewarded. My mom can now walk around and do things that she was no longer able to do. The surgery was Thanksgiving 2013 and she made her first grandson's wedding in Cincinnati in January which she would have been unable to attend without the surgery.

|  PARALIZED MY FATHER'S LUNG  |  show details
Nov 18th, 2011

My family and I did not have a good experience with Dr. Depan.My father had bypass surgery this time last year 2010 (November). After my father's surgery Dr. Depan NEVER even came out to the waiting room to talk with us (my family) I found this a little odd, needless to say while doing my dad's bypass he snipped my father's lung and now my dad has a paralized lung for life. My dad has a difficult time breathing and his quality of life has diminished after this surgery (instead of making him feel better). I realize things happen but it was the way Dr. Depan handled speaking with my family that was upsetting. My parents had a follow-up appointment at his office after the surgery and my older sister went with my mom & dad for support only to find out she was not ALLOWED in the room when Dr. Depan spoke with my parents. I feel that Dr. Depan knew he had made a mistake and was afraid to speak with my family about what happened during surgery. I would NOT recommend DR. DEPAN to anyone. He handled this very poorly.

|  show details
Dec 12th, 2010

dr. depan is a great dr. did my bypass.was in every way totally professional. i need lung surgery wish i could get him.