inactive

Harry N Herkowitz MD Patient Reviews

3.6
  • 22 reviews

February 24th, 2015
Dr. Herkowitz did a spinal fusion in 2000. Because he put the screw in wrong, no doctor will fix his mistake. They don't want to be responsible for paralyzing me. I never went back to see him.

May 5th, 2014
Kindest Resident to EVER work with.
Was a new RN starting on the 6th floor which was the orthopaedic unit. Dr. Herkowitz was a resident at the time. He showed great care for his patients and introduced new surgeries for them. He CARED about his patients. He was kind to all.

June 19th, 2013
Will be missed
Rest In Peace, Dr. Herkowitz. Your act will be a tough one to follow. I am grateful for the time I had to be your patient. You have taught and inspired many to follow in your footsteps. I hope they do as great a job as you have done. You will be missed. Rest In Peace <3

February 6th, 2013
GIFTED SURGEON.....
Dr Herkowitz is way beyond exceptional as a surgeon.... an artist. He just knows EXACTLY where, why, and how much to cut to fix your problem. He performed surgery on me in 1989 and 2010 to correct lumbar disc herniations. He is also VERY conservative.... he's honest enough to tell me that the triple fusion I need is only 50/50 for success and let's put it off as long as possible. And if that means he's short with you, consider yourself lucky.....your condition doesn't require surgery.

January 18th, 2013
Don't bother
Dr. Herkowitz has absolutely no bedside manner. He doesnf't go over or show you any test results. He just says looks good or doesn't. He may be a good surgeon but he is not good with his patients. It's like pulling teeth getting any information from him. I won't go back.

October 7th, 2012
An Opinion from a Patient who is a Registered Nurse!
I have never encountered a more arrogant Dr. in all my years as a nurse. The reason he gives you 2 seconds of his precious time is because he is a stupid idiot and is unable to answer the questions asked of him. He really messed up my neck and I knew it. I called him on numerous issues but he refrained from answering the questions. He always had one foot out the door. I don' t even believe he did mu entire surgery. I think he told the residents what to do! How is this moron the head of the dept. It' scary to think that he is in charge and has no clue as to what is going on. His own office staff asked me to fill out a paper stating my compliments about him. Imagine that! I told him that the screws he put in my neck moved. They were not in the place he stated he put them in the operative report. He told me that was not a problem even though it was confirmed by MRI and a CTScan. Well, the screw he used is too long and now going from my cervical spine into my spinal cord. So I need more surgery on 3 areas of my neck. This jerk needs to stop doing surgery since he is not capable and also lies on his charting. I would advise anyone to chose another Dr. That is my professional opinion!

August 28th, 2012
Dr. Herkowitz gets a bad rap for being arrogant and lacking in bedside manner, I was expecting this and never got it. He is truly an amazing surgeon and man. Thank you for being who you are Dr. H!

July 17th, 2012
I went to Dr. Herkowitz for a second opinion. After looking at my test results and examining me he scheduled surgery four days later. This was my second back surgery with him and he is the best surgeon around. I traveled across the united states for his opinion and it was so worth it!!Thank You Dr. Herkowitz!!!

June 8th, 2012
We went to Dr. Herkowitz using a referel from a co-worker.We were sent to several tests, then told he didn't see anything and couldn't help us. When I asked about the CT scan report stating there was a crack in the bone and a bulging disc, his response was that this was nothing and there is nothing he could do.The total appointment with the Dr was less than 5 minutes, after waiting 40 minutes for him to see us

February 25th, 2012
Satisfied retiree
He was the best, told me my problem and corrected it. After 4 months I'm 90% cured. I'll always be grateful to Dr Herkowitz. As for his personality, it was friendly while being perfessional.

February 15th, 2012
Unbelivable
First you wait and wait and wait. Second you get 3 minutes with the doctor, he'd rather watch paint dry than to actually talk to his patient's. If you can't have surgery due to your issue may need conservative care he basically boots you out the door without so much as telling you what your problem is. He may have been a great surgeon back in the day but now adays I think he's a has been. He probably treats his staff so bad which is why they in turn treat you terrible as well. There are far too many good orthopedic surgeons in the Metro Detroit area so keep on truckin if you want one that will take more than 3 minutes and actually shows they care!

October 18th, 2011
WAIT TIME IS WAY TOO LONG....I HAVE BEEN IN SEVERE PAIN FOR 4 1/2 MONTHS....WORST THAN BEFORE GOING IN FOR SURGERY...TOTALLY SCREWED UP MY LIFE SO FAR...LOOKING FOR ANOTHER DOCTOR NO BED SIDE MANNER AT ALL.....