Dr. Harry Kahn Is this you?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

November 7th, 2016

Dr. Kahns patients review

The most memorable was the excellent surgery he did on my partner. He got rid of the problem and it now is gone. He also kept me well-informed of Don's condition and the surgery he performed on him.. He was very respectful.

June 16th, 2016

Had an assisted colorectal repair done by Dr. Kahn. who assured me the procedure would me almost painless with only an overnight stay needed for recovery time at the hospital. Not only was the procedure post operatively extremely painful, but the pain was so as rest that I had to stay 3 extra days at the hospital in order to just control my pain and be able to ambulatory only with a lot of assistance to a mobile commode. I am a fairly thin male, but it was very difficult for even one aid to help me to get both up and down out of bed without a large amount of help. I was rarely checked up on by the doctor but felt extremely pressured to leave the hospital asap, because as a night nurse explained to me one night in hushed tones that he needed the beds. The hospital would only allow him so many beds for his particular procedure on the medical surgical floor ND the longer I was there, I was losing him money in revenue that he wanted to help pay for his new electronically aided "claw" machine for colors real repairs. When I questioned him about the severity of my "simple and virtually painless" procedure he suggested many times that I had a low pain tolerance which was not natural. All nurses who took care of me assured me that each of his patients experienced the same thing happen to them, but not all had good insurance like I did, so we're unable to extend their hospital stay without paying out of pocket fees. I would not recommend this doctor. He did not give me accurate information going into the surgery and was totally uninterested in helping me heal following the surgery.

December 16th, 2015

Gallbladder

This doctor took out my gallbladder because he was the one on call at the time I was seen at the ER. I have had nothing but problems since, he nicked my liver when he took out my gallbladder. He never took me seriously when I was in pain, in fact, I called and spoke with him on a Friday two weeks after surgery and after my bile leak was detected, just to be told by him, that I just need to get use to it. I had another surgery two days later. I went into his office one time telling him I had pain, he told me that, "my insurance company probably wouldn't be happy if I asked for an MRI." Had another surgery not too shortly after that conversation. I felt like I was never taken seriously by this man. I'd stay the heck away!

December 3rd, 2015

Very efficient. He arrived early for the procedure, a colonoscopy and was started early and procedure was extremely easy. Excellent surgeon. Only complaint was I had to call for the biopsy results of the polyps. Other than that, everything was excellent.

April 28th, 2013

WARNING!

If you require a surgery from these people and they give you a quote of what the surgery will cost, be prepared to pay about 3X that amount. The quote they give you will be for the surgery itself, what they won't tell you is that you will also be billed for "faculty fees" and anesthisia fees seperately.

March 27th, 2012

Dr Kahan treated me with the greatest respect. I had no idea I could feel so good until after my surgery.A wonderful young man. His mother should be proud.

February 26th, 2012

Excellent, compassionate and genuine doctor and surgeon!

Dr kahn is one of the best surgeons around. He is genuinely dedicated to his patients. He performed a life changing procedure for me and I am forever greatful! A big thanks to both Dr Kahn and his staff! Highly recommended!

April 29th, 2011

Raul and Irma Trujillo

My husband was diagnosed with colorectal cancer a year ago. Dr. Kahn did surgery, and we cannot say more about him. His bedside manner the most compassionate person, when speaking to us, he never had one foot in the room the other outside he was there for us throughout this ordeal. We relocated to Texas in late Oct., yesterday my husband had his yearly colonoscopy done, by his new gastrointerologist; he was so impressed by the job Dr. Kahn performed, twice he said that Dr. Kahn did an awesome job, especially the location of the tumor. Dr. Kahn thank you for everything.

July 23rd, 2009

Dr. Kahn

Dr Kahn covers his bases with tests but I don't think he covers pain issues in an effective manner. It's as if he just doesn't understand the issue of rectal pain if it doesn't fall into his defined categories of ailments,. That is, he has an attitude that it's not a real problem unless he finds something that fits. It's hard enough going to a doctor regarding rectal pain. To have a doctor make you feel there is no solution to your rectal pain is unacceptable. His attitude regarding pain reflects badly on his ability to treat patients effectively and also puts into question his ability to diagnose issues other than the most common.

March 23rd, 2009

very poor in giving consult when you need it.

i am really sorry that i have to say that their clinic front desk was so poor in taking in consideration with people who are need of them badly and they don't understand or couldnot squueze you in for a consult

November 10th, 2016