Harry Lever MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

May 2nd, 2017
Excellent Dr.
His knowledge of HOCM is unparalleled as far as I'm concerned. He certainly took the time to understand my particular situation.

January 2nd, 2014
A life Saver !!
Dr. Lever diagnosed my condition and proscribed a myectomy for my HCM condition. The procedure performed at the Cleveland Clinic was a complete success and I can now go about leading a normal life. Highly recommended.

June 27th, 2012
Brilliant Diagnostician- Super Caring Physician!! Saved My Life
I had serious HOCM. I needed corrective surgery as my condition was getting progressively worse. My cardiologist in Florida recommended Dr. Lever and his team. There are no surgeons in Florida with the kind of specialized experience necessary to help me with any level of confidence. 1 week before I was scheduled to travel to Cleveland for the surgery, my insurance company denied my procedure. Dr. Lever fought for me. He wrote to my state representatives along with other government agencies. Long story short- my insurance carrier finally approved the procedure. While I was in Cleveland, Dr Lever & his team were amazing. The level of care they gave me was amazing. His communication was always straight, honest and to the point. He spent time answering all of my questions and concerns. I was there for a total of 2 1/2 weeks. Now, I am back in Florida. I feel as though I have my life back. I am forever grateful to Dr Lever.

May 7th, 2012
Dr Lever Saved my Life
I needed surgery for my HOCM. There aren't many surgeons that specialize in this kind of surgery, so I did some investigation with my local cardiologist. We spoke with the Mayo Clinic & Cleveland Clinic in Cleveland. We based on our research, we decided to go to Cleveland Clinic. About 2 weeks before I was set to go, my Medicare Advantage Plan told me that they were not going to cover the surgery (although I definitely fit the criteria for going outside of my network). Dr. Lever wrote letters to government officials; he wrote and called people at my carrier. He campaigned on my behalf to get my surgery done at his hospital. The result was that, due to government pressure, my carrier decided to cover my procedure. While I was in Cleveland, he made himself available (even on days he was not working). To some, Dr. Lever may seem a little awkward. Some people may be put-off by his no-nonsense approach. To me and my family, Dr Lever is an angel. He truly cares about helping people get the care they deserve. I can't say enough good things about him.

February 16th, 2012
We (wife and I) think the world of Dr. Lever
We were refered to Dr. Lever by another cardiologist because of his expertise in hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy. Dr. Lever was very informative and point blank on what I was looking at with this disease. After monitoring my condition for several years it became clear it was time for treatment. I was turned over to the surgical team and cardiology team but Dr. Lever kept tabs on me and visited me after surgery. My follow ups were with Dr. Lever. They were thorough as all my previous visits.

May 11th, 2010
Spent a lot of time with me.
He was great to work with, and had me come back the next day to make sure that he found what he was looking for. I didn't test well on the treadmill, and he had me come back to test on the bike. And he found what he knew was there. He even looked online for earlier flights for us.

December 7th, 2009
judgmental, rude and biased about obese patients allows it to interfere with quality of care

May 16th, 2016