Dr. Harry Lifschutz MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.9

November 30th, 2015
The Doc is Sharp as a Tack and knows his stuff. -- CM

October 2nd, 2014
1 Bad Doctor
Dr. Lifschutz screwed up all 3 surgeries he talked me into. So please don't let the BUTCHER of J.F.K operate on you or your loved one. He Totally Sucks as a Doctor and a human being.

May 7th, 2013
Had gallstone surgery
He is friendly, but does not do a good job. I had surgery and had all these side effects to medications. Took forever to get back back. As is it i also had a terrible nurse. Would not go back with him.

June 1st, 2012
Outstanding
The dr was great to me and my famillyy. We had to wait a little, however once we spoke to him everything was great. The comment below is dumb - if you do any research dr lifschutz was never at fault for anything surgically related, he was attacked by another doctor who sued him and it went on his record.He is one of the best doctors around and I would recommend him for all of my friends and family. A+++Thank you doctor Lifschutz for your great services you have done for me and my family.

April 4th, 2012
Find someone else
My insurance was billed with things he didn't do. He spends the least time he has to with the patient. When trouble arose from my stitches on the weekend, he doesn't have an answering service, it's his office 'nurse' and she never called me back after speaking to her once. Then her phone was out-of-order and the doctor never called me. I went to the ER after waiting for someone to call me. He has had trouble with the licensing board and had sanctions against him. I believe he thinks he's qualified to do things he really shouldn't be doing and is very unresponsive to his patients. Doesn't listen and is in this practice for the money only, not to help people. Also, he sends everyone to get ultasound tests whether they need them or not....the ultrasound tester is a guy in his office....I could take his arrogance if I thought he was really good but the games he played with my insurance billing and not being concerned when my stitches were torn out by his ultra sound guy (he INSISTED I do this test before the stitches were supposed to be removed)AND not having any way to get a hold of him when a problem arose with the incision are not what I call a good doctor to have operate on me.

October 4th, 2011
CHECK HIS LICENSE DATA WITH STATE
This surgeon did an emergency surgery for me. I did not select him. He seemed very nice and capable and seemed to defend my need for care in a hospital setting that left much to be desired. Much to my horror I later checked his license and found that there had been problems, serious problems. You need to be aware of this but it does not necessarily mean he should not be given another chance, be forgivern, or be trusted. You need to decide for yourselves. It is a hard call.

September 14th, 2011
Extremely pleased

December 29th, 2010
He did a terrific job for my wife. He is extremely intelligent and a gifted , caring doctor.

March 8th, 2010
The Dr. and Val
My experience with this surgeaon has been great. I am a returning patient for the second time and he also did an appendectomy on my granddaughter. I love him and his staff member Valerie. They always answer questions promptly and with reasurance on your health. God bless him and his staff always.

May 25th, 2009
Dr. lifschutz is friendly and pleasant. However, I felt he spent minimal time with me, made quick diagnoses, and left stitches in my leg that should have been removed.