A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Harry Schmaltz:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Harry Schmaltz is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Harry Schmaltz, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Arthroscopic Surgery (Arthroscopy)
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Sports Medicine
Education & Awards
Dr. Schmaltz graduated from Temple University Physicians, Philadelphia.
Dr. Schmaltz has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Mid-Valley Hospital
- Community Medical Center/Scranton
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Schmaltz accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield - 5 plans
- Blue Cross of Northeastern Pennsylvania - 10 plans
- Geisinger Health Plan - 5 plans
- Cigna - 16 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Harry W. Schmaltz practice?
- Dr. Harry Schmaltz practices Orthopaedic Surgery and Adult Reconstructive Orthopaedic Surgery near Dickson City, PA.