Dr. Harry Shapiro MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

April 20th, 2017
great office
I love this office, the doctor was awesome and very helpful. Dr.shapiro has become my favorite and only endocronolist i would go to. Staff is great, very happy with my visit

April 20th, 2017
Love this Doctor
The office experience was totally satisfing. I was very pleased with the service. Staff was professional and thorough. Dr.Shapiro was excellent and answered all my questions. He allowed me to express my concerns and made me feel safe and at ease. I will be returning for a follow up to go over my results.

February 8th, 2017
Gets upset when challenged
Started seeing Dr. Shapiro in Fall 2015, asked if I could try a different medicine and he said yes. A few months have to go by to see a trend in blood results, with any medicine. After maybe 4 months on this new med, my levels were very high and he did nothing about it. I thought, well, he's the Dr and knows what he's doing. A few more months went by and he did nothing. I had to tell the office to do something about my numbers by changing the dosage or frequency of taking the medicine. Dr Shapiro goes on a lot of vacation, ok why not, but when a patient's body is out of whack you call them, not hop on a plane or whatever, and leave your colleagues to handle the problem if need be. I've lost 39 pounds since seeing him, but not in a good way: I went from being hypOthyroid to hypERthyroid, my heart races all the time, I'm often shaky, and my head is foggy. Sure he's happy about the weight loss, and will tell you it's great, people feel better when they exercise... but I did nothing to achieve it on my own. He's impatient, and didn't like when I questioned his choice of dosage of the new medicine he finally changed me to after about 15 months. Looking for another endocrinologist, I'm the smart one now.

November 20th, 2015
Carefully thought
He is a bit aggressive but gets the job done!

July 6th, 2015
MY 1st visit was good. My 2nd visit was bad. He lashed out at me. did not listen to what i was saying. did not listed to any suggestions. Offered to get off vital medication just to see how my system will react. Nasty experience.

April 21st, 2015
Heaven on Brighton!
Wonderful staff, very courteous... Always accommodation me when need be

March 9th, 2015
Not a personal patient experience
I read so many great reviews. I went far out of my way to see Dr Shapiro. Unfortunately I felt like i was put on a factory belt, carted off from one person to another, blood drawn before even seeing the doc and given no info. His bedside manner was appalling. He seems nice enough and is full of funny slogans but is easily irritated by questions.

December 4th, 2014
OMG
After getting my appointment same day, i was amazed at all the testing that is done in-house.... i had my DX in few hours and on my way to recovery

September 11th, 2014
Wonderland

February 18th, 2014
Awsome

October 8th, 2013
life saving experiance
all I have to say is Dr. Harry Shapiro saved my life. I have been feeling ill for few weeks to a point that I just walked in and asked to be seen. I was so happy the answer was YES! front desk did all my paperwork and I was seen with in 10 min. After multiple test he told me to just change my regiment for my medicine and way of eating. After 4 months I 'am a new person. THANK YOU ALL FOR SAVING MY LIFE!

August 13th, 2013
BRIGHTON BEACH SPECIAL!
ONE I CALLED AND ASKED TO BE SEEN SAME DAY AND I WAS A GREAT EXPERIANCE AFTER THAT. I WAS SEEN SAME DAY AND WITHIN 2 HOURS, NO WAIT WAS IN AND OUT HAD ALL MY TESTS DONE INHOUSE. DR. SHAPIRO IS WONDERFUL AND GAVE ME ALL MY RESULT BEFORE THE TEST IS OVER. NOW IM BACK ON TRACT AND FEELING GREAT. THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR HELP!