Dr. Harry Van Loveren Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Harry Van Loveren?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

August 2nd, 2015

Dr. Van Loveren is one of the most caring compassionate doctors. He's definitely one of the BEST, not only at TGH, but from across the country!

March 13th, 2013

2 intra cranial abscesses

The first time I actually felt I met Dr.Van Loveren was on my first post op aappointment. I had no idea what hel even looked like.I only remembered a lot of white coats during my stayin Tampa General.I was admitted from Dade city community hospital via ambulance (code 4). My review is all from what my husbnd has told me. I have only slight recollection of my time there. I do remember needing a lot of pain medication for my severe headaches. Dr. Van Loeren spoke with my husband after I had my MRI ,and told him I needed to go to surgery. My husband asked how soon, and he replied NOW. I for some reason decided I needed to research hospitals in the area ,if I ever needed one for something serious. Myresearch was done three weeks before I was admitted with my brain abscess. I have such respect for Dr. Van Loveren. I truly feel if it were not for him and Dr. Agazzi who also operated on me for the second abscess,I would not be living to the capasity I am today. I would have likely had little use of my left side and difficulty speaking,and eating. I have recovered fully thanks to their expertise. I would recommend both of them ,any time.

February 22nd, 2013

"If you didn't have it when you came in; you have it now"

After Dr. van Loveren's office kept calling to schedule a surgery after I had met with him for a consult, I finally made that appointment. I was pretty desperate. I was at the time taking large amounts of opiate drugs. Had I to do it again, I would have gone through a suboxone treatment to get off the opiates. I underwent the surgery and after about 3 weeks at home I returned to see Dr. van Loveren. He told me, "if you did not have it when you came in; you definately have it now". Later i would go on to get off all opiates and i was successful. It has been 3 years now. I still have chronic facial pain, but there is no cure. I only wish that van Loveren had spent more time with me or wanted to follow up later. He has not contacted me since. I simply don't understand.

October 17th, 2011

My

My husband had a ruptured brain aneurysm in 2003 on an artery feeding a 3cm AVM. The Dr's at the hospital he was taken to had given up on him, but to one Dr's everlasting credit, he told me to get my husband to Dr VL as he was the only one who had the ability to save him.And, he was right. I simply can not recommend this man highly enough. Intelligent, caring, skilled, I run out of adjectives. Without a doubt my husband would be dead now if he had not stayed late to operate on him. He takes all the time in the world to answer each and every question you may have, has the utmost patience with brain injury people, I took my husband all over the States for second opinions (he's an accountant, his brain works by numbers so he needs more than one opinion) and every single Dr said that we were already in exceptional hands, so Dr VL is very well respected throughout the country.Recommend him very highly indeed.

November 17th, 2010

Great doctor

This doctor literally gave me my life back after 2 years of intractable migraines caused by a skull deformity. He was thoughtful, caring, and skilled and now two years to the day of my surgery, I have not had one migraine. His bedside manner was exceptional and he always made me feel important. I could not say enough about this surgeon. Definitely one of the finest I have ever met.

January 11th, 2010

Jeff M.

Extraordinarily skilled neurosurgeon with great inter-personal skills; cares about his patients very deeply. If it is the case that most surgeons think they walk on water, he is an exception to the rule; inspires tremendous confidence in patients and their families.

July 12th, 2017