Dr. Harry Wasvary MD Patient Reviews

• Colon and Rectal Surgery Royal Oak, MI

July 24th, 2015
Recent surgery was a vastly different experience with Dr. Wasvary as my physician. Ten years ago, he was caring and compassionate; now, rushed and rude. He didn't return my call the day after surgery and he didn't want to manage my post-op pain more than Tylenol. The office staff is AMAZING! If it were not for them helping me out, I would have ended up in the ER.

July 10th, 2015
No Surgery Needed
No compassion Not a good listener and after calling me last night at 9:30 PM I will add inconsiderate and a lack of common sense. In my case I did not need the surgery , other doctors I have seen has question his competence in regards to the type of surgery he wanted to do, he referred it it as a" block ". His advise is not based on individual circumstance. He wanted to rush me into surgery as they do everyone. I was 16 lbs under weight at the time, In my case I have gotten better and continue to improve My cancer marker is now at 1.5 Cancer is going away, and NO SURGERY WAS NEEDED. Every one IS different.

July 30th, 2013
Excellent Surgeon
Dr. Wasvary performed my ileocolectomy. He did an excellent job. I recovered quickly. He explained everything really well and put me at ease. He is a gifted surgeon. I would highly reccomend Dr. Wasvary to anyone undergoing colon or rectal surgery

April 17th, 2013
Excellent Doctor
Dr. Wasvary treated me with respect and dignity. Answered my questions. Made recommendations. I did not visit his office, but had colonoscopy at the hospital.

November 30th, 2012
RD
Overall, a great experience with Dr. Wasvary and his staff. He was my 2nd opinion for colorectal cancer surgery.I entered his office with a lot of doubt about the future and left with great confidence.I knew in the first 5 minutes that I wanted him to perform my surgery. Great bedside manner. Never made me feel like he had to hurry off to see another patient.Very direct,but reassuring. The finest doctor I've ever met!

August 13th, 2012
I would like to say that Dr.Wasvary took great care of me. I have crohns disease an have to wear a Illioscomy bag permanently. Best thing I ever did. My overall experience with Dr. Wasvary being a patient of his since 2005 is great on all levels. Wish he could be my Doctor for everything.

April 28th, 2012
i hope he perform my next colon screeningi was treated very well before and after procedure enjoy talking to dr.wasvary andhis staff before the prosedure begaini reccomend this doctor to all patients

August 5th, 2011
Highly Recommend
Dr. Wasvary diagnosed and operated on a very rare cyst in my back. He was professional and spent as much time as I needed to feel comfortable with the procedure. He also discussed my case with other professionals whose opinions he valued to make sure they agreed with his approach. I highly recommend him.

December 18th, 2010
dr.wasvary is ecelent doctor he is very out standing and freindly i prefer him to any body over any rectal/colon doctor

March 19th, 2010
Had a lot of pain after surgery which was eventually resolved, but was unnecesary. I liked the Dr. and he did a very good job.

December 16th, 2009
A++ for Dr. Wasvary!!
It has taken me 35 yrs. to find a doctor who has been able to help me with my medical problems. It took Dr. Wasvary one visit & a CT scan to diagnose my illness. He did a successfull colon re-sectioning on me last Jan. I truly feel that had our paths not cross I may not be here. He is a kind, caring & gentle man who is not "too busy" to spend enough time with his patients to determine what medical help he can give. He has a great beside manner & always explains everything in layman's terms. I have & will continue to recommend anyone who may need a colon/rectal doctor. He's the best in the state.

August 25th, 2009
4 Star Doctor
Definitely have recommended this doctor. Makes you feel comfortable. Caring. Great Bedside manner.