Dr. Harshad Mody MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

June 4th, 2015
Health
The office staff are the worst. There is no presence of customer service. They are rude , it is hard to schedule an appointment and they forget that without patients there would be no job.

September 28th, 2014
I was referred to Dr. Mody by my general doctor when my mysterious symptoms had no physical evidence. He ordered an MRI with and without contrast. He looked at the results, gave me a prescription for some meds that would treat the symptoms but not cure me. He said that it might make me a bit dizzy so take it in the evening. He made no mention of the many possible side effects, some of which were the very symptoms I had! And the medication had to be taken morning, noon and night---another fact he failed to tell me. He wanted to do a spinal tap and said that headache was possible but wouldn't last long if I laid down after the procedure. Because he underplayed the side effects of the medication so seriously, I don't trust him about the spinal tap. I have not gone back and am looking for a good neurologist. And the staff in his office is downright rude and unhelpful.

July 13th, 2012
Be ready for some disagreeable staff
Most of the staff are negative help. I find it even harder to take care of myself because they are so difficult. They often refuse medicine refills, do not pass on my phone calls to the doctor, actually are untruthful but when I don't go away, the real truth unfolds, they call the wrong numbers, can not fax a document to a doctor located in the same office building, hang up on pharmacists, can not place a long distance call because they do not know to dial '1' first, all of this and this doesn't even refer to their off- handed condescending manner. Apparently, the staff does not expect of needing health care ever because they treat the those that do, as third class citizens at best. Be careful. Be persistent. Don't accept their answers as the truth. It's usually not. They penalize me for my condition, having this condition is penalty enough. Good luck. If you get a similar response from the staff, know that you are not alone.

September 14th, 2011
two missed diagnoses
I went to Dr Mody in 2005 with an MRI dhowing a clearly defined lesion. He dismissed my symptoms and was ready to send me out of the office telling me nothing was wron. When challenged, he sais he thought it was a smudge. To his credit, he ran tests to rule out MS and some other associated brain disorders. Once these were ruled out, he told me that my tumor most likely had been there since childhood and was inoperable, unable to be biopsied, and that my symptoms were most likely due to stress and I needed to learn to relax. After several years of trying to relax, the tumor grew and my symptoms grew worse. I found a new neurologist who referred me to a neurosurgeon who biopsied the tumor ( I have brain cancer, stage II) and also found that my balance, headache, neck pain, and tremors are due to a secondary neurological condition (also visible on MRI) called chiari malformation 1. Needless to say I have put my life in jeopordy and have suffered significant pain. I am now undergoing radiation and have been given 4 years to live. I also am not able to have surgery to repair the chiari because the brain cancer has progressed to this point.

March 9th, 2011
Disappointed :(
I was recently hospitalized after blacking out. A brain cyst was discovered and I suffer with chronic cluster migraines. I saw Dr. Mody in the hospital and made a follow-up appointment at his office. Unfortunately, a migraine came on before my appt. I called a day in advance, a little more than 24 hrs to be precise. Notice was given and yet I was still charged for the missed visit.Apparently he and his in-senative receptionist has never experinced severe pain. Needless to say, I found another neurologist.

October 31st, 2016