A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Harshinie Amaratunge:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Harshinie Amaratunge is Excellent.
Prepare before visiting Dr. Amaratunge
Ulcerative Colitis Patient Education Read all about IBD symptoms and treatments in our ulcer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Amaratunge Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Harshinie Amaratunge, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- She has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Amaratunge graduated from The University of Texas at Galveston.
Dr. Amaratunge has 6 hospital affiliations:
- The Methodist Hospital
- St Luke's Episcopal Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Harshinie Chamindika Amaratunge MD is a female Internist, has 7 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- Where does Dr. Harshinie C. Amaratunge practice?
- Dr. Harshinie Amaratunge has 1 office location.
Dr. Harshinie Amaratunge practices Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology near Houston, TX.
See Houston Internists and Houston Gastroenterologists.