A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Hartzell Schaff:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Hartzell Schaff is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Schaff
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Schaff Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Hartzell Schaff, MD is board certified in Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery).
- He has special expertise in 41 areas:
- Aortic Aneurysm
- Aortic Coarctation
- Aortic Diseases
- Aortic Valve Insufficiency
- Aortic Valve Stenosis
- Bacterial Endocarditis
- Blood Clot (Thromboembolism)
- Blood Vessel Prosthesis Implantation
- Cardiac Surgical Procedures
- Cardiopulmonary Bypass (CPB)
- Congenital Heart Defects
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty & Stent
- Coronary Artery Bypass (Heart Bypass)
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Coronary Disease
- Dissecting Aneurysm
- False Aneurysm
- Heart Cancer
- Heart Diseases
- > Show all expertise
Education & Awards
Dr. Schaff graduated from University of Oklahoma , Oklahoma City. He has 15 awards.
Dr. Schaff has 5 hospital affiliations:
- St Marys Hospital - Rochester
- Rochester Methodist Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Hartzell V Schaff MD is a male Cardiothoracic Surgeon, has 39 years of experience and practices in Thoracic Surgery and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Hartzell V. Schaff practice?
- Dr. Hartzell Schaff has 1 office location.
Dr. Hartzell Schaff practices Thoracic Surgery and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery near Rochester, MN.
See Rochester Surgeons.