A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Hartzell Schaff:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Hartzell Schaff is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Hartzell Schaff, MD is board certified in Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery).
- He has special expertise in 41 areas:
- Aortic Aneurysm
- Aortic Coarctation
- Aortic Diseases
- Aortic Valve Insufficiency
- Aortic Valve Stenosis
- Bacterial Endocarditis
- Blood Clot (Thromboembolism)
- Blood Vessel Prosthesis Implantation
- Cardiac Surgical Procedures
- Cardiopulmonary Bypass (CPB)
- Congenital Heart Defects
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty & Stent
- Coronary Artery Bypass (Heart Bypass)
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Coronary Disease
- Dissecting Aneurysm
- False Aneurysm
- Heart Cancer
- Heart Diseases
- > Show all expertise
Education & Awards
Dr. Schaff graduated from University of Oklahoma , Oklahoma City. He has 15 awards.
Dr. Schaff has 5 hospital affiliations:
- St Marys Hospital - Rochester
- Rochester Methodist Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Hartzell V Schaff MD is a male Cardiothoracic Surgeon, has 38 years of experience and practices in Thoracic Surgery and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Hartzell V. Schaff practice?
- Dr. Hartzell Schaff has 8 office locations.
Dr. Hartzell Schaff practices Thoracic Surgery and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery near Rochester, MN.
Additional practice locations include: Austin, MN and Owatonna, MN.
See Rochester Surgeons.