Internist, Neurologists
4925 Sheridan St
Ste 200
Hollywood, FL 33021
954-981-3850
Locations and availability (2)

3.0

|  After many neurologists I highly recommend dr Schwartz  |  show details
by Santina Disalvo on Jan 26th, 2014

After years of struggling with debilitating migraines since the age of 13, in and out of hospitals and doctors offices in Pittsburgh, North Carolina and Florida, I finally met dr Schwartz. I can't say enough wonderful things about him. After two years of being prescribed multiple medications and strong ones at that, my health was deteriorating and to make things worse i still was having severe migraines with vomiting and intense pain at least 15 times a month . That is no way to live or function. Dr Schwartz immediately took me off this medication and tried Botox therapy. I was hesitant for fear that it would make it worse, but was desperate to try anything. Well after one treatment and no medication (with the exception of Tylenol if needed) it has been 2 years of being migraine free. Of course I get the occasional hormonal headache, but that is a walk in the park comparatively. I also added b3 and iron fortified and magnesium to my diet. It took one physician to change my life and to finally say no to medication. I forever grateful to dr Schwartz. I feel healthy and better than ever! He is professional and listens to your needs and how you feel. Easy to make an appointment and not a long wait time.

|  Dr. Schwartz Rocks!  |  show details
by Matt on Aug 16th, 2013

I've been going to Dr. Schwartz for years. He's the best! I really have nothing bad to say about my visits.

|  show details
by Yvette Wasserman on Jul 3rd, 2013

I would honestly not even give this doctor or is office staff one star other than the fact that I have to put something. I overall impression of this doctor is indifference but his office staff is completely incompetent. They do not call back for months on end...completely unorganized. When they do finally call you back they do not know what they are taking about. I visited the doctor due to chronic from a car accident. After several visits and tests he instructed me that I need a botox shot to relieve the pain. I was told that his assistant would call me to schedule the appointment. Several weeks passed and I had heard nothing from his office. I call and find out the name of his assistant and get her direct line. After several months of trying I get a call from another young lady. Then things get moving and I tell them that is is a car accident case and that I will have my attorney provide them whatever paperwork is needed to guaranteed payment of services. My attorney faxed over the same paper work over and over and over again for several more months. Please note this all started in November 2012...it now July 3, 2014 and I have been advised that they will not accept the payment letter of agreement from my attorney...so sorry. I am furious...they have been running me around since November of last year...Don't use this doctor...ever...!

|  Bad News -- Don't Go through What I Did -- Choose a More Qualified and Caring Neurologist !!!  |  show details
Apr 2nd, 2013

I would not recommend this doctor to anyone...he claims to know or has experience injecting Botox; this is very far from the truth. I had a very unfortunate experience of meeting this doctor and hope that anyone reading this will not ever go to this practice to see this Dr Harvey Schwartz. This is one of the worst neurological physician groups to choose.. When you first call the office you are on hold for about close to 15 minutes to get through to speak to someone..ridiculous. Anyway, I saw this individual for botox injections related to having bell's palsy and the idea was to help improve muscles in the face, well just the reverse it made it WORSE; I even got older records from a previous doctor showing where he injected previously and how much. The doctor said "I know where to inject exactly...far from the truth, he knows nothing" This supposed doctor chose to inject more botox than was necessary (Botox was injected under my chin and now the lower part of my mouth and lip is unable to move)...I have difficulty with talking and chewing, I am biting my lower lip inside. When I came to see him to show him the side effects...he actually told me to chew slower and he also apologized for what he did (the least he could do) I was very very dissatisfied with this neurologist who after all has over 30 years experience and knew nothing about injections. He became rude and nasty and said the next time you have Botox...it will NOT be from anyone in this practice...mind you he made the misstake and he became sharp and offensive to me, switching the whole thing around. Advice: Do not go to see Harvey Schwartz -- the worst. This will be reported in a complaint.

|  Stroke/Brain Attack/Seizure  |  show details
by Laary m on Mar 26th, 2013

knowledgeable concerning strokes/brain attacks and seizures.Office runs on time.

|  show details
by Yvonne Ramirez Herrera on Feb 26th, 2013

I've been a patient for over 10 years. Dr Schwartz is a great Neuro. He is caring, supportive, and very informative. He has my Migraines under control. I live in another County & choose to commute to see Dr Schwartz rather than to change physicians. The Staff is the staff for the General Practice of various doctors & he is not in control of their methods of operation. I truly miss Andy! Thank you Dr. Schwartz for your excellent care.

|  Accuracy of Diagnosis  |  show details
Jun 5th, 2011

Even with all of his experience, he still cannot diagnosis neurological issues. I highly recommend a different neuro or seeking a second opinion.

|  Harvey D. Schwartz, M.D. missed his calling as a Veterinarian  |  show details
Apr 26th, 2011

Dr. Schwartz is a self centered, selfish, egotistical, uncaring, incompetent little twit of a man. As a previous patient I have had the unfortunate experience of his bed side manner which should best be reserved for members of the animal kingdom as opposed to human beings. I firmly believe he should have been a veterinarian where his skills, or lack thereof, could best be used, although I also believe that many of the animals he came in contact with in that field would in all likelihood have make great efforts to gnaw off a leg or two. Unfortunately though, any such effort would have certainly left a bad taste in their mouths.In short, Dr. Schwartz is a very poor physician. I would highly recommend reversing course which in any way leads in his direction. I find myself at a loss for words to fully describe the disdain, malice and disrespect I have for this man. I suppose the best example he could serve for the medical community would be to support legal arguments for the legalization of euthanasia.