Dermatologist (skin)
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  caring physician  |  show details
Jul 13th, 2012

I have been to many derms for my chronic disease of ezcema. Everyone gave me creams and more creams and told me to relax. Dr. Handler actually listened to me, understood my problem and anxiety with this problem and then put together a program to help me. While I cannot "cure" my disease, I have improved immensely and can function much better in my job and socially. Also, if I have a flare, his office staff is always helpful in getting me in quickly.

|  Great service  |  show details
Mar 19th, 2012

Dr handler is a very attentive Doctor. He listened to my concerns and spoke to me at length about my options. I did not feel hurried. And he does not over prescribe or over treat. I think he and his staff are all wonderful.

Feb 29th, 2012

Dr. Handler was professional and personable. My first 2 visits went well without too much wait time. I would definitely recommend him to friends and family.

|  Dr. Handler best dermatologist in Ohio!  |  show details
Mar 11th, 2011

I have to respond after reading the previous bitter post. I was seeing a dermatologist in Perrysburg and was not getting better. Not only that, I rarely saw the actual derm but saw their assistant! On the advice of a friend who sees Dr. Handler, I went to him. He diagnosed me within seconds and gave me some type of mixture which helped me in one week! He was not only kind, but very friendly and on my level. He DID NOT act like he had a god complex and was unbelievably personal. He is very to the point as he actually wants you to do well and not just have you come in to pay your copay. My friend has gone to him over 20 years and has had nothing but great experiences with him and his staff. I found his staff very friendly and all had smiles on their faces and was obvious they enjoyed working for him. I have a feeling the very bitter post about him may be coming from other factors such as this person having to pay a bill for services rendered or the person not doing what Dr. Handler told him to do and doesn't like being told they were wrong. My friend who recommended me said over 20 years Dr. Handler has NEVER acted above him and all his patients love him! You definitely need to consider the source when reading these reviews I have found! I will continue to go to Dr. Handler and ignore this "bitter" inaccurate portrayal of him that obviously stemmed from other factors.

|  Dr. Handler was very Rude, Yelled, and Threatening  |  show details
Mar 3rd, 2011

I was a new patient at my follow up visit and wanted to discuss that the new ointment he prescibed for me was not working. He told me to keep using it. When I tried to ask him follow up questions about the medicine compared to other medications he became very upset. I was sitting in the chair and he walked towards me, raised his voice, and pointed his finger in my face. He said in a raised voice "I have more knowledge about this in my little pinky finger than you know about everything in your whole life". He then said that if I was going to question anything that he had to say then to get out of his office. I was shocked and speechless. Rage and a god complex is not the qualities you want in a doctor. It's also pretty sad that I had to give him money to be treated like this. Needless to say I never went back to see him again. Horrible experience.

by Betsey Schnetzer on Jan 10th, 2011

I have always felt that Dr Handler tried to give me the best advise he could for someone who had Rosacia. He is kind and caring

Dec 2nd, 2010

Had a changing mole and was given several choices within 48 hours in which to be seen. Waited approximately 15 minutes in reception area and 5 minutes in exam room. Dr. was very professional and open and understood my anxiety over this mole. He looked at it with a special light and assured me it was nothing to worry about. He then examined me totally (chaperon present) and found several other spots that were nothing to worry about. Would go back to him without question. His staff were very helpful regarding insurance coverage and filing.

Dec 1st, 2010

Was misdiagnosed by 3 other doctors and he diagnosed me in one minute. I was treated for a problem I had for years and was better in 2 weeks. He was personable and office staff was friendly and very outgoing. I have recommended all my family members to him and they have all agreed. you can tell he enjoys what he does.

Nov 3rd, 2009

Not enough office hours and they need someone to answer the phones for possible questions. Basically, I do not believe this doctor has enough office hours.