Urologist

Dec 13th, 2015

I have never seen a doctor with such an unprofessional attitude and with such a total lack of compassion for his patients. I will not recommend this doctor to anybody. I had a prostate biopsy by Dr. Harvey A. Sauer on June 17th. The doctor forgot to give me the local anesthetic before inserting the instrument in my rectum. It was extremely painful and I started screaming at the top of my lungs for him to stop inserting and remove it. He kept telling me not to move because it will make it worst. After what looked like a long time, the doctor realized his mistake and then gave me the local anesthetic. He proceeded with the biopsy after the anesthetic took hold. That night I had septicemia and ended in the hospital for 3 days. After my release from the hospital, I went to see Dr. Sauer three times and all three times I saw a nurse practitioner. I found the nurse practitioner to be very professional and she took time to explain the condition and answered the questions me and my wife had. During all three visits, Dr. Sauer was in the office but for some strange reason avoided seeing me. Considering the trauma I went through, I had expected him to say something like “I am sorry to hear what happened to you but I am glad you are fine now.” No, he did not have the professional curtesy or compassion to stop by and say some comforting word. . During the third visit, I repeated my feelings to the nurse practitioner and asked her to share my feelings with the doctor. I was hoping that, after she coveys the message to the doctor, he will have the courtesy to call me. No, he did not call. Apparently he did not want to face me even on the phone. After the third visit, I switched to a different doctor.

3 Months to get in to see the Doctor!!!! show details 3 Months to get in to see the Doctor!!!!
by Concerned Patient on Mar 4th, 2015

I have had an issue with a swollen testicle and have been trying to get in to see the doctor. Called the location that I received treatment at in January 2015 and scheduled an appointment for February 9, 2015, when I arrived at the office 30 minutes prior to the appointment the receptionist told me that she the house to cancel my appointment because the doctor was tied up in surgery! This is understandable, however it cost me a half days vacation and 45 mile drive from my work location. I rescheduled for March 9, 2015. Monday March 2, 2015 I receive a letter form AMP of NY stating that my appointment was rescheduled for April 7, 2015, there was no reason given, just a form letter!! Now I am 3 months out from when I was to see the doctor. I find it hard to believe that schedules are booked that far in advance. This leaves me wondering how the practice is managed as well as the quality of health care given (in my case not given).