A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Harvey Smires:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Harvey Smires is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Harvey Smires, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 8 areas:
- Arthroscopic Surgery (Arthroscopy)
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Knee Disorders
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Sports Injuries
Education & Awards
Dr. Smires graduated from Columbia University, New York.
Dr. Smires has 8 hospital affiliations:
- St. Peter's University Hospital
- Rwj University Hospital - Hamilton
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Smires accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey - 2 plans
- Humana - 5 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Aetna - 3 plans
- United Healthcare - 15 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Harvey E. Smires practice?
Dr. Harvey Smires practices Orthopaedic Surgery and Surgery near Plainsboro, NJ.
Additional practice locations include: Princeton, NJ and Monroe Township, NJ.
See Plainsboro Surgeons.