Dr. Harvey Thomas Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Harvey Thomas?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

July 21st, 2015

This doctor used to practice in Mesa, AZ

This doctor botched my lumbar fusion requiring me to undergo extensive revision surgery which left me permanently, neurologically damaged below my fusion level due to incorrect placement of sugical hardware.

May 29th, 2015

He is an exceptional surgeon but his beside manner is terrible and he doesn't spend the time with his patients that he should. Following up is difficult.

July 24th, 2013

Not recommended

I certainly can NOT recommend Dr. Thomas. His surgery on my back only made my symptoms considerably worse. And for that he took no responsibility. He was arrogant and condescending which is likely a character flaw. He resents questions about the procedures and doesn't even go over the reports of the tests he orders. His staff is not very reliable. By all means, look for a different surgeon if you need neurosurgery.

May 17th, 2011

The Best

I have been a patient of this doctor for over 9 years, and have had 3 surgeries performed by Dr. Thomas. I also have recommended him to several friends, and they,too, have the same opinion of him. Dr.Thomas is very personable,very concerning, has a great bedside manner, takes the time to explain and answer any questions thoroughly, and of course, more importantly, does a great job on surgery. Also, Dr. Thomas does not rush into surgery------as he says----before I get the knife out, let's try this, etc.Excellent all around!!!!!!

February 11th, 2011

Back Surgery

Dr. Thomas performed two back surgeries on me with three years. I found him to be professional, caring, very understanding and a master of his trade. I have recommended him to many friends as the best of the best.

April 14th, 2010

Did not return my call after surgery

Harvey Thomas, MDAfter having the first surgery you performed go bad, I am in more pain than before and I am not saying it is your fault, I just wanted it fixed. You told me that after I tried the injection in my spine if it didn't help you would "squeeze" me right in. So, I called on Fri the 9th to schedule the surgery, apparently your reception (Dawn) did not believe me because she said I would have to speak to you, and you would call me by the end of the day. When I didn't hear from you by Mon. morning I called back. Dawn was very rude to me, among other comments she made, she said "I don't have any control over the Dr." So, I told her I still wanted to talk to you. She said she would have you call on Tue. Well now it is Wed. and I know you are in surgery all day today. I think this is very inconsiderate. I am not writing this to beg you to do surgery because after your inconsideration in not calling me I wouldn't want you to touch me again with a scalpel.

February 22nd, 2010

GREAT DOCTOR

I wish i would have went to see Dr Thomas before my first spine surgery. My first doctor could stand to learn a few things on how to treat patients! Dr Thomas went through every option with me and answered every question my family and I had. He has a great bedide manner and genuinely cares about his patients!Best of all he doesn't have the i am god complex most surgeons have.

February 28th, 2009