Dr. Hasan Abdallah MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

4.7

September 4th, 2016
very compassionate, caring man
Dr. Abdallah is a very compassionate, caring man. He not only has superb pediatric cardiology knowledge, but his general medical knowledge is also superior. My daughter had seen three different doctors who could not figure out what the lump and pain in her belly were. At her regular visit with Dr. Abdallah, HE diagnosed the hernia and was spot on!

August 1st, 2016
There are no words to describe the life-saving impact Dr. Abdallah has had in treating my son for POTS. Prior to finding Dr. Abdallah, I searched for years trying to get help for my 10 year old son who had gone from an active, soccer , swimming, and track star, to a child who could no longer walk. My son was too weak to attend school, had significant respiratory breathing problems, chest pain, dizziness, headaches, stomach upset, and could not stand up. He literally had to crawl on the floor to get to the bathroom. I took him to every specialist you can imagine: neurologist, cardiologist, pulmonologist, gastroenterologist etc. No one could figure out what was wrong, and many told me my son needed a psych evaluation because it was "all in his head." Meanwhile, my 10 year old continued to deteriorate before my eyes. I found Dr. Abdallah through DYNA, a wonderful organization that helps kids with Dysautonomia find expert doctors. The moment I met Dr. Abdallah, I knew I had found the person that would finally solve this ugly mystery. He was warm, compassionate, listened intently, asked follow-up questions, and reassured me that something was wrong my son and that he was going to help. Dr. Abdallah spent several hours with us the first visit, explaining POTS, the treatment plan, and his expectations for my son's long road to recovery. My son was immediately hospitalized so that Dr. Abdallah could monitor high dosages of various medications he started. We had flown out from California, so were in a city and hospital we had never been. Reston Hospital staff was amazing; they made sure I had everything I needed so I could stay in the room with my son for the entire 5 days and nights. Not one day went by without Dr. Abdallah visiting my son in the hospital both morning and night. And I don't mean a quick in and out check; I mean Dr. Abdallah would sit on the bed next to my son, rub his forehead, provide encouraging words and visit for at least 15-20 minutes. Often his visit in the evening were between 9:00 and 10:00 at night, after finishing a long day of surgery. My son was diagnosed 11 years ago; the first 6 years of recovery were difficult filled with many hospitalizations, much uncertainty and instability. Dr. Abdallah stood by our sides the entire time, and still does. My son has stabilized the past 5 years, due to Dr. Abdallah's continuing care. You will not find a doctor with more knowledge or expertise in treating POTS than Dr. Abdallah. He knows all the current research and latest medications. Dr. Abdallah is committed to his patients in a way that goes beyond just being a doctor; Dr. Abdallah is a true healer, and I will be forever grateful to him for saving my son's life.

May 15th, 2016
Dr. Abdallah is a fabulous cardiologist and an extremely caring person. Prior to being referred to Dr. Abdallah by an ER doctor who shares my condition, I struggled for a few years to figure out why I felt so ill. I was shrugged off by nearly every doctor and specialist I saw (and believe me, there were several). I finally received a diagnosis of Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome or POTS for short. Since being treated by Dr. Abdallah my quality of life has improved immensely. I had reached a point where I was ready to give up on pursuing a somewhat normal and "healthy" life but Dr. Abdallah refused to let me give up. He has developed a regime of diet, exercise, and medications which have left me able to attend school, work, and go about daily activities without much pain or stress. Dr. Abdallah always spends plenty of time with each and every patient, ensuring that you understand your condition, your treatment plan, etc. Sure this increases the wait time slightly, however I'd rather wait a little longer and receive outstanding counseling than have another doctor just treat me like a number who he must hurry up and treat. Being that Dr. Abdallah is 1 out of about 5 specialists in the entire country on POTS I can understand some of the other review that say appointments are sometimes hard to make and wait times are frustrating - but if you have had rough luck with finding a cardiologist to listen and finally put together the whole picture of what ails you, see Dr. Abdallah. This man is one of the most passionate, hardworking doctors I've ever met and without him I would be unable to pursue my dreams. I look forward to seeing what further discoveries Dr. Abdallah is able to unlock in terms of dysautonomia. I know that my life is not the only one he has changed with his work.

May 12th, 2016
I came to Dr. Abdallah after 4 and a half years of being lightheaded and sick every day of my life. I was 19 when I got sick, now 24, and feeling like I'd never get a diagnosis for my all over the place symptoms. I have seen the best of the best doctors--Johns Hopkins included. I saw many cardiologists, ENTs, neurosurgeons, neurologists, chiropracters, you name it--I saw it. No one was able to help me in any form. When I saw Dr. Abdallah, he listened intently to what I said and put all the dozens of ailments I had together like a perfectly formed picture. He did an echo test and told me he thought that I had POTS. He follows up with the tilt table test, which confirmed it, then after a few appointments I was on midodrine several times a day. It has been 8 months since my first appointment and I can say with confidence this doctor literally saved my life and brought me back to life in more ways than one. At every appointment he is caring, a good listener, respectful, and spends as much time as you need. He does not rush you and is able to explain every single question you ask with clear knowledge and expertise. After being sick for 4 and a half years, I cannot ask for a better doctor and I actually fear him retiring someday. He has a plan for his patients, sometimes including physical therapy in-office, and is successful in executing the plan. He has offered to talk to my PCP and past cardiologists to educate them and is even a speaker at national POTS conferences. Treat this man with respect, he might just save your life.

December 15th, 2015
I came to Dr. Abdallah in Nov. of 2012 after 4 and a half years of being lightheaded and sick every day of my life. I was 19 when I got sick, now 24, and feeling like I'd never get a diagnosis for my all over the place symptoms. I have seen the best of the best doctors--Johns Hopkins included. I saw many cardiologists, ENTs, neurosurgeons, neurologists, chiropracters, you name it--I saw it. No one was able to help me in any form. When I saw Dr. Abdallah, he listened intently to what I said and put all the dozens of ailments I had together like a perfectly formed picture. He did an echo test and told me he thought that I had POTS. He follows up with the tilt table test, which confirmed it, then after a few appointments I was on midodrine several times a day. It has been 8 months since my first appointment and I can say with confidence this doctor literally saved my life and brought me back to life in more ways than one. At every appointment he is caring, a good listener, respectful, and spends as much time as you need. He does not rush you and is able to explain every single question you ask with clear knowledge and expertise. After being sick for 4 and a half years, I cannot ask for a better doctor and I actually fear him retiring someday. He has a plan for his patients, sometimes including physical therapy in-office, and is successful in executing the plan. He has offered to talk to my PCP and past cardiologists to educate them and is even a speaker at national POTS conferences. Treat this man with respect, he might just save your life.

November 15th, 2015

November 12th, 2015
God Bless Dr Adullah
Dr. Abdullah is what every doctor should be....an extremely caring individual with a vast knowledge of his field. My niece was debilitated with dysautonomia for 3 years . Her mom and I traveled 4 hours each month to see him . He brought my niece back from being an extremely sick young girl to a fully functioning healthy teenager who is looking forward to going to college. His kind and unwavering words of encouragement to her and to us every month , got us through this very difficult time. God bless Dr Abdullah! He is a gift!

September 25th, 2015
Doctor Abdallah is the best doctor I have ever met. Not only is he intelligent and thoroughly knowledgeable, but also deeply compassionate and humble. Dr. Abdallah personally invests in his patients' treatment and care. My son was hospitalized multiple times; Dr. Abdallah visited him twice a day- once in the morning and once in the evening. He often made his rounds as late as 10:00 and 11:00 at night. I waited for those visits, because Dr. Abdallah always offered me support and words of encouragement as a mother. Dr. Abdallah listens with an open heart and offers his healing gift freely. Prior to the time my son was diagnosed, we had seen too many specialists to count, all of whom kept insisting that my son was faking his condition and that I was encouraging his non-existent symptoms. I will always be grateful to Dr. Abdallah for his ability to immediately recognize my son's symptoms and provide an accurate diagnosis. Another unique skill that Dr. Abdallah has is his ability to work congenially with other doctors. I have never heard Dr. Abdallah bad-mouth or make a negative comment about any of my son's other treating doctors, even when those doctors have been less than proficient with their knowledge. Dr. Abdallah's moral and ethical standards are beyond reproach. His integrity and honesty is unquestionable. I have been on this journey of POTS for over 10 years now with my son; I was also diagnosed 4 years after my son. I lost many friends and family members over the years who were unable to cope with my son and me having POTS. I know I could not have made it through those losses without Dr. Abdallah's presence in our lives. I have nothing but admiration for Dr. Abdallah and hold him in the highest regard. Several years after my son was diagnosed

June 1st, 2015
parent
Absoiletly the best Foctor , My daughter wasn't able to function he showed my daughter what to do , she is hardly have any symptoms left. Academically she is better than ever. I have nothing but praises we live Dr Abdallah he is the best

May 30th, 2015
He is a great doctor

September 26th, 2014
Great Diagnostician
After years of listing symptoms, Dr. Abdallah was able to diagnose my daughter's POTs syndrome and find two birth defects that most likely are the cause. One can be fatal and had been missed repeatedly.

August 11th, 2014
Worth the wait!
have had POTS for almost 5 years now and Dr. Abdallah has been the only specialist out of about 5 and a flurry of general practitioners and ER docs to be able to treat me and make me feel significantly better. When I first saw him I could barely stand and actually passed out in the hospital (he still shares the story about how he and the nurses were so concerned that day and how the nurses still remember me because of it) and now I can go weeks without even noticing my symptoms thanks to him. He is extremely accommodating and actually listens to my input if I feel negatively toward a medication or am apprehensive about starting a treatment - he will gladly make any adjustments to ensure the regimen is both effective and that I'm happy with it. I always feel that he puts my opinions first and is willing to talk to any school administrator or employer to ensure my condition is wholly understood. Plus I can tell he actually cares about me beyond just numbers and medications. He asks what I've been up to and remembers what I have told him at my next visit, and so does his staff. He does switch staff a lot but all have been extremely friendly and knowledgeable about POTS - you can tell Dr. Abdallah teaches them a lot. Any questions I have, he goes into detail in explaining them. I really can't say enough positive things about Dr. Abdallah. The only reason I gave a 4 star in punctuality is because some visits can turn into all day events, but that is only because he is an absolute expert and the best at what he does in his field, plus he does take quality time with every patient and doesn't just shoo them off. Which, if that's the worst a patient has to say about him - that he takes time with every patient because he is such a fantastic doctor - then he's doing his job superbly. I highly recommend Dr. Abdallah!