Dr. Hasan Abdallah Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Hasan Abdallah?

August 30th, 2017

Fabulous

I came to Dr. Abdallah after 4 and a half years of being lightheaded and sick every day of my life. I was 19 when I got sick, now 24, and feeling like I'd never get a diagnosis for my all over the place symptoms. I have seen the best of the best doctors--Johns Hopkins included. I saw many cardiologists, ENTs, neurosurgeons, neurologists, chiropracters, you name it--I saw it. No one was able to help me in any form. When I saw Dr. Abdallah, he listened intently to what I said and put all the dozens of ailments I had together like a perfectly formed picture. He did an echo test and told me he thought that I had POTS. He follows up with the tilt table test, which confirmed it, then after a few appointments I was on midodrine several times a day. It has been 8 months since my first appointment and I can say with confidence this doctor literally saved my life and brought me back to life in more ways than one. At every appointment he is caring, a good listener, respectful, and spends as much time as you need. He does not rush you and is able to explain every single question you ask with clear knowledge and expertise. After being sick for 4 and a half years, I cannot ask for a better doctor and I actually fear him retiring someday. He has a plan for his patients, sometimes including physical therapy in-office, and is successful in executing the plan. He has offered to talk to my PCP and past cardiologists to educate them and is even a speaker at national POTS conferences. Treat this man with respect, he might just save your life.

August 24th, 2017

Amazing Physician

Since seeing Dr. Abdallah I can definitely say that I have been under the best care for my dollar. I have been going to so many places and have just walked out the door. Everywhere I went there was no solution to my problem until I came to Children's Heart Institute. There is a complete workup every time we come into the office and it is so appreciated because I know that there is always finding the right solutions to my condition. I put in my full trust in Dr. Abdallah to help me manage my symptoms and make me feel so much better. I am unbelievably grateful for the care and for the time that Dr. Abdallah and his staf give me.

May 11th, 2017

What every doctor should be like

Dr. Abdallah has been able to find solutions to problems that I've been dealing with for more than 5 years that numerous other doctors could not find. His knowledge of POTS and Ehlers Danlos is extensive..... but what is most important about Dr. Abdallah is that he takes the time with each person and genuinely thinks about every issue and never seems to just go through the motions like nearly every other doctor does. Despite a visit to his office consuming lots and lots of time because you'll be waiting for him the trade off is that when he comes in he will spend whatever time is needed to make sure that the problem is understood by everyone and a path to a solution has been decided on.

April 7th, 2017

Dr. Abdallah is an outstanding physician. His clinical skills and vast experience allow him to truly treat patients as a whole person. Unlike most specialists he can view the big picture of his patients, and creates individualized treatment plans to best meet our needs. He is kind, compassionate, honest, humble, and truly cares about his patients. I appreciate how well connected and respected he is in the medical field, and he can refer to other excellent providers whenever necessary. His staff is friendly, kind and compassionate, They work hard to meet patient needs as quickly as possible. I'm very impressed by the amount of testing that can be done right in their office, and how well trained the staff is on testing procedures. I highly recommend this entire team of stellar health care providers.

January 9th, 2017

dishonest, rude

September 4th, 2016

very compassionate, caring man

Dr. Abdallah is a very compassionate, caring man. He not only has superb pediatric cardiology knowledge, but his general medical knowledge is also superior. My daughter had seen three different doctors who could not figure out what the lump and pain in her belly were. At her regular visit with Dr. Abdallah, HE diagnosed the hernia and was spot on!

August 1st, 2016

There are no words to describe the life-saving impact Dr. Abdallah has had in treating my son for POTS. Prior to finding Dr. Abdallah, I searched for years trying to get help for my 10 year old son who had gone from an active, soccer , swimming, and track star, to a child who could no longer walk. My son was too weak to attend school, had significant respiratory breathing problems, chest pain, dizziness, headaches, stomach upset, and could not stand up. He literally had to crawl on the floor to get to the bathroom. I took him to every specialist you can imagine: neurologist, cardiologist, pulmonologist, gastroenterologist etc. No one could figure out what was wrong, and many told me my son needed a psych evaluation because it was "all in his head." Meanwhile, my 10 year old continued to deteriorate before my eyes. I found Dr. Abdallah through DYNA, a wonderful organization that helps kids with Dysautonomia find expert doctors. The moment I met Dr. Abdallah, I knew I had found the person that would finally solve this ugly mystery. He was warm, compassionate, listened intently, asked follow-up questions, and reassured me that something was wrong my son and that he was going to help. Dr. Abdallah spent several hours with us the first visit, explaining POTS, the treatment plan, and his expectations for my son's long road to recovery. My son was immediately hospitalized so that Dr. Abdallah could monitor high dosages of various medications he started. We had flown out from California, so were in a city and hospital we had never been. Reston Hospital staff was amazing; they made sure I had everything I needed so I could stay in the room with my son for the entire 5 days and nights. Not one day went by without Dr. Abdallah visiting my son in the hospital both morning and night. And I don't mean a quick in and out check; I mean Dr. Abdallah would sit on the bed next to my son, rub his forehead, provide encouraging words and visit for at least 15-20 minutes. Often his visit in the evening were between 9:00 and 10:00 at night, after finishing a long day of surgery. My son was diagnosed 11 years ago; the first 6 years of recovery were difficult filled with many hospitalizations, much uncertainty and instability. Dr. Abdallah stood by our sides the entire time, and still does. My son has stabilized the past 5 years, due to Dr. Abdallah's continuing care. You will not find a doctor with more knowledge or expertise in treating POTS than Dr. Abdallah. He knows all the current research and latest medications. Dr. Abdallah is committed to his patients in a way that goes beyond just being a doctor; Dr. Abdallah is a true healer, and I will be forever grateful to him for saving my son's life.

May 16th, 2016

Dr. Abdallah is a fabulous cardiologist and an extremely caring person. Prior to being referred to Dr. Abdallah by an ER doctor who shares my condition, I struggled for a few years to figure out why I felt so ill. I was shrugged off by nearly every doctor and specialist I saw (and believe me, there were several). I finally received a diagnosis of Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome or POTS for short. Since being treated by Dr. Abdallah my quality of life has improved immensely. I had reached a point where I was ready to give up on pursuing a somewhat normal and "healthy" life but Dr. Abdallah refused to let me give up. He has developed a regime of diet, exercise, and medications which have left me able to attend school, work, and go about daily activities without much pain or stress. Dr. Abdallah always spends plenty of time with each and every patient, ensuring that you understand your condition, your treatment plan, etc. Sure this increases the wait time slightly, however I'd rather wait a little longer and receive outstanding counseling than have another doctor just treat me like a number who he must hurry up and treat. Being that Dr. Abdallah is 1 out of about 5 specialists in the entire country on POTS I can understand some of the other review that say appointments are sometimes hard to make and wait times are frustrating - but if you have had rough luck with finding a cardiologist to listen and finally put together the whole picture of what ails you, see Dr. Abdallah. This man is one of the most passionate, hardworking doctors I've ever met and without him I would be unable to pursue my dreams. I look forward to seeing what further discoveries Dr. Abdallah is able to unlock in terms of dysautonomia. I know that my life is not the only one he has changed with his work.

May 12th, 2016

December 16th, 2015

I came to Dr. Abdallah in Nov. of 2012 after 4 and a half years of being lightheaded and sick every day of my life. I was 19 when I got sick, now 24, and feeling like I'd never get a diagnosis for my all over the place symptoms. I have seen the best of the best doctors--Johns Hopkins included. I saw many cardiologists, ENTs, neurosurgeons, neurologists, chiropracters, you name it--I saw it. No one was able to help me in any form. When I saw Dr. Abdallah, he listened intently to what I said and put all the dozens of ailments I had together like a perfectly formed picture. He did an echo test and told me he thought that I had POTS. He follows up with the tilt table test, which confirmed it, then after a few appointments I was on midodrine several times a day. It has been 8 months since my first appointment and I can say with confidence this doctor literally saved my life and brought me back to life in more ways than one. At every appointment he is caring, a good listener, respectful, and spends as much time as you need. He does not rush you and is able to explain every single question you ask with clear knowledge and expertise. After being sick for 4 and a half years, I cannot ask for a better doctor and I actually fear him retiring someday. He has a plan for his patients, sometimes including physical therapy in-office, and is successful in executing the plan. He has offered to talk to my PCP and past cardiologists to educate them and is even a speaker at national POTS conferences. Treat this man with respect, he might just save your life.

November 16th, 2015

November 12th, 2015

God Bless Dr Adullah

Dr. Abdullah is what every doctor should be....an extremely caring individual with a vast knowledge of his field. My niece was debilitated with dysautonomia for 3 years . Her mom and I traveled 4 hours each month to see him . He brought my niece back from being an extremely sick young girl to a fully functioning healthy teenager who is looking forward to going to college. His kind and unwavering words of encouragement to her and to us every month , got us through this very difficult time. God bless Dr Abdullah! He is a gift!