Dr. Hasan Zia MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.5

August 5th, 2014
Terrible experience with an incompetent physician
I had a terrible experience with Dr. Zia at Sibley Hospital. He never listened to my complaints nor acted upon them responsibly and had no good bedsides manners to speak of in the least which made matters far worse for me during hospitalization. I shall never see this physician again and advise others not to as well, I will never return to Sibley Hospital again either as they are his employer and were just as remiss as he was.

May 2nd, 2013
Wonderful Surgeon
Dr. Zia performed an emergency appendectomy on my daughter late at night and did a terrific job. He was also extremely kind, explaining everything clearly and taking the time to answer all our questions. please ignore the racist reviews -- you are lucky if you can have Dr. Zia as your surgeon.

January 4th, 2012
Caring, knowledgeable, responsive,
My husband and I have total trust in and satisfaction with Dr. Zia, based on his treatment of my husband in the ER for intes. blockage, his care of him in the hospital, and our subsequently visitng him in his office (our choice) for consultation on future elective surgery on another issue. He is caring, knowledgeable, calm, reassuring, professional, responsive, and he LISTENS! His staff was sharp, friendly, courteous and pretty much on time. He showed up for the office visit within a reasonable time compared to most drs. Very grateful!!!!

November 9th, 2011
Intelligent and Caring Doc
Dr. Zia is a very sharp, attentive, and caring doctor. He explained my diagnosis and future treatment options very clearly, and spent plenty of time answering my questions. I went to Dr. Zia for a second opinion after being told I needed surgery for a hernia. Dr. Zia discovered it was NOT a hernia, and saved me from the unnecessary risk of surgery for a problem I did not have. I was impressed by how capable, personable, and confident he was--confident enough to offer a conflicting opinion even though I shared with him that two prior doctors diagnosed me with a hernia. Dr. Zia took a CT scan which confirmed HIS diagnosis, and referred me to an orthopedist, who also confirmed that my injury was NOT a hernia and could be treated through physical therapy.Most (if not all) of the negative reviews of Dr. Zia are written by one guy with a bad experience or a bad outcome that he blames on the doctor. I almost cancelled my appointment when I read these negative reviews, but I am very glad I didn't. Dr. Zia is fantastic and I highly recommend him.

September 9th, 2011
Dr. Zia
See rating.

July 13th, 2011
EMBARRASSMENT TO THE PROFESSION AND SIBLEY HOSPITAL
Dr. Hasan Zia is not a physician you want evaluating or treating you, especially in an emergency and life threatening situation. As an older person and an American citizen, I have never met with a physician who seemed less interested in my health. He's a disgrace not only to the profession, but also to Sibley Hospital. This man should be fired. Sibley Hospital can certainly do better than this physician.

July 4th, 2011
Favorable review
I had an emergency appendectomy and was fearful. Dr. Zia could not have done more to explain the procedure in detail. He was just as solicitious in his follow up. I was just thrilled with his care.

June 26th, 2011
My experience
Under Dr.Zia's care, I was blessed with all the compassion during post surgery care. A truly inspiring experience and thanks to him and his medical st ...

June 26th, 2011
My experience
I have been recently released from Dr.Zia's care and it sure left a memorable impression. The quality care that I received greatly helped my fami ...

March 25th, 2011
Dr. Zia a Quack!
This so called doctor has to be one of the worst doctors ever. His treatment of me was not only sub par but appalling. What a disgrace to medicine he is. A warning to everyone-stay away from this Quack!!

March 10th, 2011
Terrible Doctor
Dr. Hasan Zia is incredibly bad doctor. He has no bedside manners to speak of and was absolutely incompetent in my care. I plan on reporting him to the medical authorities that are responsible for disciplining such terrible doctors.

January 4th, 2011
Thank you Dr. Zia for all that you do
Dr. Zia is a wonderful physician who is caring and compassionate. He takes his time to get the heart of a matter and answers all questions. His manner is calm and soothing and he works with both the patient and family to ensure the best outcomes.