A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Hashem El-Serag:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Hashem El-Serag, Gastroenterologist is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. El-Serag
Specialties & Research
Dr. Hashem El-Serag, MD, MPH is board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 35 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Barrett Esophagus
- Bile Duct Cancer
- Bile Duct Cancer (Cholangiocarcinoma)
- Celiac Disease
- Chronic Hepatitis C
- Colorectal Cancer
- Crohn's Disease
- Digestive System Endoscopy (EGD)
- Endoscopy (Endoscopic Surgery)
- Esophageal Diseases
- Esophageal Motility Disorders (Dysmotilities)
- Esophageal Stenosis
- Esophagus Cancer (Esophogeal Neoplasm)
- Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- > Show all expertise
Education & Awards
Dr. El-Serag graduated from Al Arab Med Univ, Fac Of Med, Benghazi, Libya. He has 15 awards.
Dr. El-Serag has 7 hospital affiliations:
- St Luke's Episcopal Hospital
- Ben Taub General Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Hashem Beshir El-Serag MD and MPH is a male Internist, has 20 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- Where does Dr. Hashem B. El-Serag practice?
- Dr. Hashem El-Serag has 5 office locations.
Dr. Hashem El-Serag practices Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology near Houston, TX.
See Houston Internists and Houston Gastroenterologists.