Dr. Hassan Chahadeh MD Patient Reviews

2.7

• Good
  • Bad

March 26th, 2015
Dr. Chahadeh provided spinal injections for me on two occasions. The first treatment was only slightly modified from what my referring physician had ordered and was explained to me as possible that sometimes he makes slight changes to the treatment.The second treatment, a week later, was vastly different than the first and included significantly more injections - which both I and my referring physician feel was excessive and unnecessary. When I questioned the change at the time of the procedure, Dr. Chahadeh curtly insisted that it was in fact the identical protocol from the week before. I have since confirmed through the hospital medical record that he lied. I would discourage anyone from being treated by him as I now question his integrity and ethics.

January 25th, 2014
I've been a patient of Dr. Chahadeh since 2000 back when he operated a small clinic in the back of Heights Hospital with only 1 assistant. He is a skilled surgeon and has a great bedside manner. However, over the years, his practice has grown so big it's now out of control. He used to fill my pain pump and then he started adding additional drs. to help him, but if you requested to have him fill your pump, it was not a problem. The first big problems that crept in were the long wait to be seen and that Dr. Chahadeh was no longer in the office seeing established pump patients. I was ok with that because he hired a dr. named Rick to fill the pumps and he had the most awesome medical assistant I've ever encountered in a dr.'s office named Ashley. Ever since Ashley quit to stay home after having a baby, a bunch of medical assistants came and went fast and furious. Thanks to the other drs. hired before and after Rick, as well as the incompetent medical staff, I've gone thru withdrawal 3 times due to their mistakes. The dr. who currently fills my pump is beyond retirement age, speaks with a thick foreign accent that makes it very difficult for me to understand anything he says without the medical staff enterpreting for me. I am currently trying to find another pain mgmt. dr. who will take me on as a patient since my chronic pain is due to Fibromyalgia and most drs. won't take patients whose pain can't be measured on an x-ray, MRI, cat scan, etc. My most recent experience was being told starting a year ago that my pump needed replaced when the battery was only 5 yrs. old (the batteries usually last 5 to 7 yrs.). I put them off until my pump turned 6 yrs. and the staff was adamant I get it replaced. I requested that Dr. Chahadeh do my surgery since I've heard horror stories from patients in the waiting room how the dr. who fills my pump screwed up their surgery and they had to have several follow-up surgeries and their pump was still not installed properly. I ended up laying the hospital bed from 7 a.m. until noon when Dr. Chahadeh was ready to do my surgery. He sat down beside my bed while he was checking various stats for my pump on his hand held computer, when he finally told me there was no reason for me to have surgery since my pump had an extended life battery and was not even close to time for it to be replaced. Therefore, he sent me home, which does show he is a good dr. because he could have gone ahead and replaced my pump just to make money. But, this is no way for his practice to continue and I don't want to wait around for it to improve, if it ever does. I definitely would not recommend going to this pain mgmt. clinic under any circumstances.

February 28th, 2013
I donot know were to start.. I have very bad experiance in this office from the front office to the un knowledgable doctors. This is the worst of the worst experience and every body well tell u the same. Lately I have been to the doctors office before but now they have a new blood test they will told u its not covered under the insurance and u need to pay 100 $ upfront from ur pocket or u cannot see ur dr . Then after u say yes or bill me later now u need to deel with front office . They have a big box to write ur comments and guess what .....their is no paper to write ur comments so I ask the lady in front aboutthe paper to write ur ccomments she will tell u idonot have any papers .they are sooo mean not helpful very bad attitude.now after u wait for at least 1hour for ur appointment u go inside and wait another hour until u see the doctor and thedoctors are as bad as the front do not know what they are talking about ...pls I donot advise any body to go their its sooo bad and I was told they got new manager but she is not helpful at all. I counld not handle going over everytime and gettingthesame experience. Its not worth it. I ended up changing doctors and ir wasthe best desicion I have made. Do not visit this plac!!

February 13th, 2013
Worst doctors office staff,very rude and they do not care about anyone. Doctor does not know what is going on and how are patient being treated by staff. Won't be going back after two years of suffering not only from pain,but also from the staff behaviour,especially the office manager.

November 16th, 2012
This Doctor is No Longer Any Good
I went to this doctor for many years and my last 2 visits were absolutely horrible. You have to wait for more than 2 hours to be seen, and then when you finally seen, the doctor is not knowledge and is very very slow in wrting your prescription. Then they want to throw the contract in your face without any warning. If your meds do not show up, they will dismiss you. They could care less about your health. It use to be perfect when Rick worked there, but he recent resigned and has since passed away. Rest in peace my friend. Wouldn't wish this place on my worse enemy. The staff was also very rude. Ashley was nice, but all the news ones are not. These doctors are ruining dr Chahadeh's practice. I'm finding a new doctor today!!

January 25th, 2012
Been with him two years, and can't wait to see someone else. Staff are the rudest I have ever encountered. Regularly get hung up on and treated more like an inconvenience than a paying patient who is in chronic severe pain. I have never waited less than two hours past my appointment time, and many times waited over four hours. Dr. Chahadeh himself is never in the office so you have to work with his assistants who never seem to remember you from one appointment to the next, even after two years and repeated hospitalizations. Has made many thousands off of me and only provided minimal pain control overall. The hospital he is a controlling owner of is no better, University General in Houston. They are a bunch of morons in a pretty package. The food is good at least.

December 2nd, 2011
never going back
been seeing him for several years. just found out he misdiagnosed a spine problem. his staff is rude. only time i see him is at hospital. you don't see him at his office. they give out prescriptions w/o even asking if you need more. the office staff hangs up on you. if i treated people like they do i would be fired. it's a pain management office that doesn't seem to know how to treat patients or manage clients pain. everyone in the waiting room complains about the wait time and the staff. yet nothing is done to change it. i found a way to change it - i found another doctor where i am treated with resepect. after all, i am paying them to take care of me not to be rude to me.

November 13th, 2011
staff very rude - not sure why his practice is not the same...
i've been a patient of dr. chahadeh for several years. the only time you see him is the day of surgery. other than that you see his assistant. the staff is rude. they have hung up on me several times. do not return phone calls. do not follow their own policy in regards to faxing paperwork. not sure what has happened to him and his staff but i will never go back to see him. really sad - i had referred him many times over the past 6 years and now - no way. i feel very let down. glad my primary doctor referred me to another doctor who is wonderful!

September 16th, 2011
The office wait is long but worth the wait.

May 2nd, 2011
great doctor
I have chronic pain. Doctor Chahadeh is very thorough and knowledgeable.

January 13th, 2011
great doctor
very professional and knowledgeable.He does nerve ablation and other procedures that require going under but he inspires confidence. He helped my back pain.

November 25th, 2010
Dr. Chahadeh and his staff at the clinic are competent and compassionate. He helps patients with very serious problems. As far as ESI's, RFA's, spinal cord stimulators, he is as good as any pain doctors I've seen with a history dating back to 1990. I would disagree with the "pill pusher" comments also. He very regularly does drug testing so no druggies need apply.