Dr. Hassan Hassan MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.1

September 30th, 2016
first time ever to this office or anywere
not clean Anesthesiologist did not wear gloves.prep room was a carton room no privacy.nurse was nice but the anesthesiologist was scary and rude. the procedure room did not look like a procedural room. The whole time I was laying there waiting for the doctor i was looking at the room. There was a extension cord hanging from the ceiling a old TV on a cart that looked like it was from the 70'S like the ones from middle school..The cabinets look dirty and there was a lady that said she was the Anesthesiologist not friendly she drew up the medicine and never wore gloves. I laid there thinking what am I doing should i leave? When I woke up I told my husband I was going to tell my Doctor that referred me to him not to use him as a referral because the facility was not clean and the procedure room did not look like a procedure room.Bad experience. after all that I was very sore the next day. My husband had a hard time believing me. Because he had the same Colonoscopy procedure done with a different Doctor and different office three months prior to mine no problem he was good in a hour gas all gone, going no with his day. But me I was in pain still the next day.I called the office and they called Hassan He said for me to go to the ER. Seven hours at the ER and a urine and blood sample ,Three x-rays , Morphine for pain , CT and they told me I had DIVERTICULITIS gave me Three prescriptions and sent me home still in pain. If you need a Gastroenterology Doctor go to another place. There are a lot better places to go where they are clean and have a better procedure room and you won't get sick. I would never go back

September 5th, 2016
Retired State Trooper
I have been a patient of Dr. Hassan's for approx. 15 years. Dr. Hassan has performed both GI tests on me... upper and lower and as much as I despise any invasive medical tests with any doctor, I must admit that Dr. Hassan was by far the very best GI doctor ever!! I love his beside manner and his calming ability just before procedure time. Dr. Hassan took the time to devote to me full medical attention and listened to me quite sternly. Excellent doctor !!! Have highly recommended to others.

March 14th, 2016
Surgical hygiene lacking.
Room where surgery was done looked like storage room. I Noticed a strange male person in corner of room who was not gowned and ungloved. I questioned why he was present never got satisfactory answer before drugs took effect. Will never risk my life in his care again.

March 10th, 2016
A lot of layers and frustration
HR Gastro is a "medical mill." Only after multiple calls to staff, to leave messages for Dr. Hassan, time spent researching my own symptoms and related history, was I able to convince that a particular procedure was not warranted. After only one year since my last procedure/visit, I had to complete multiple forms that repeated the same information, because as I was told, the doctor didn't have time to check a central record system, (which I later discovered, doesn't exist)., Finally I listened to my spouse, and began arrangements to switch to her doctor. The debacle w/HR Gastro continued as evidenced by 1) losing the faxed release of medical information form, 2) not indicating in my records that I was leaving HR Gastro, 3)trying three different times to schedule a procedure after being informed that I was changing doctors.

October 25th, 2015
Negative stars is not an option
My mom had a botched routine endoscope by this M.D. He removed part of her colon, due to a endoscopy error on his part. Then, he resewed her colon incorrectly and so poorly; she couldn't function without Miralax, softeners, etc. It took almost 2 years (even followed up with this MD and he admitted to his error – but not to the full extent of it). After another GI, several tests, additional appointments, time + another surgery, she still has colon problems. Her colon was straightened out by the more competent gastroenterologist. Now, she has mega colon problems, on a good day. Due to VA malpractice statutes; by the time it took to realize this doctor was the reason for all her problems, >2 years had gone by. Her quality of life took a downwards turn because 1) she has to be near a bathroom at all times, 2) her digestive system doesn't work the same, 3) she doesn't digest nutrients that would have been acquired by the missing section, 4) this botched surgery was b/n 4-5 years ago, and 5) she still has colon problems that would not have happened if she never had met this GI doctor. While this physician may not have any sanctions as a result; it just means that he was not affected, personally, due to the ridiculous 2 year statute of limitations (during which time she was still trying to figure out what was wrong). If you have a loved one, or you are looking for yourself, I would encourage you to steer clear of this physician!

January 22nd, 2014
Unhappy Staff
Scary!!!! Dr. Hassan do not practice go hygine. Such as washing hands. The nurses have attitudes, and the black anesthesiologist is VERY SCARY. I will not return.

November 29th, 2011
Colonoscopy Fiasco
Please do not use this person. You become his "princess" rather than his patient. He acts very concerned. He tore my colon in 4 places during a routine colonoscopy requiring colon resection and in the process, I lost over 2 feet of good colon (as reported by pathology). One year later and I still am needing further surgery and am in constant pain and suffering.

September 7th, 2011
OOPS
First visit was rushed-felt like he needed to make up for lost time. Discussed another patient over intercom with nurse in my presence. I finally asked him to slow down. Arrived at hospital for procedure only to be told it had not been scheduled. A second procedure appointment was changed three times. Was told to go for third procedure. No further contact from Dr Hussan or his staff after. I called to find out results of procedure and/or schedule follow up--the receptionist(?) said - he doesn't want to see you for five years!!!! What does that mean? Am I OK or what?? The problem I originally presented in our first interview was never addressed.