3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore. Doctor.com.
Avoid show details Avoid
Apr 13th, 2015

This was probably the very worst experience I have ever had with any medical professional. I am 50 years old, a breast cancer survivor, have 3 children, and have experienced more than your usual amount of health issues. I have seen a lot of doctors. The office itself was rundown, poorly lit, filled with mismatched, secondhand furniture, and in an inconvenient location. The office staff and nurses were aloof and inconsiderate to the point of outright rudeness. Dr. Kesserwani was distracted, agitated, seemingly unable to focus on me, interrupted me continually, did not listen to me, would not allow me to finish a sentence before he asked another question, etc... I almost began to wonder if I was on an episode of Candid Camera, Ellen, or Pranked. Sadly, no one jumped out to reveal the joke. After weeks of waiting to be notified of developments in my situation, my next appointment and such I called only to be told the staff had "hundreds of patients to take care of and would get to me when they could." I believe I can locate a superior doctor, and that will certainly alleviate the heavy burden on Dr. Kesserwani and his overworked staff.

Mar 18th, 2015

This is absolutely the worst doctors office i have ever dealt with. The most unprofessional, discourteous, substandard, inefficient staff yoy could ever imagine. My 81 year old father is a patient, but wont be for long. The quack prescribes medication to the point of making him a zombie, all which say do not quit taking suddenly. The only way to get a refill is to call dr office and ask them to fax it to pharmacy. You cant get through 90% of the time. If you do, they fail to fax it 90% of the time. We will Find a new dr. Im warning people who have loved ones, do not use this dr. The staff must have been rejected by all other medical offices!! One star only because zero is not an option.

Great Doctor, cares, stays very busy with own practice and always so nice show details Great Doctor, cares, stays very busy with own practice and always so nice
by Kim W on Mar 4th, 2015

Great Neurologist.....I had seen 3 other Neorologists with the same PAIN shooting down my neck and arm for months, taking me to floor and tears. I also suffered from partial focal seizures. I had been already diagnosed with MS. I was recommended to see him by my general physician in Dothan. I have not had pain since, knew exact problem, Trigeminal Neuralgia and changed dose of seizure medication to help.

Find someone else! show details Find someone else!
Feb 11th, 2015

Impossible to get anyone to answer phone or follow through with what they say they are going to do. Staff is unprofessional and rude, office is dingy and rooms are drab and dusty. Never want to go back.

terrible staff and doctor needs to stop trying to be a doctor show details terrible staff and doctor needs to stop trying to be a doctor
by j on Feb 2nd, 2015

Office staff is the worst and doctor does not understand English or how a doctor should act

Jan 29th, 2015

He did not even let me explain my symptoms before he started saying my diagnoses was wrong. He informed me that what I have does not spread, although I have many sources that say it does. He clearly needs to go back to medical school. He should also learn a thing or two about listening. i only said two things before he decided that I had something else. I would not recommend him to anyone.

Jan 8th, 2015

Rude staff, no follow up after MRI

Patient show details Patient
by Deb on Nov 21st, 2014

I agree with the above statements,this office is very dirty looking and the staff is very rude,hateful and un concerned.they will never answer there phone and because of this i will have my records sent over to another Dr. If i were Dr.Kesserwani I would clean house and get me some staff employees that new how to treat people and I think he is well aware of all that is going on in his office,this office really needs to be shut down it is very unprofessinal I have never seen anything like it,I dont see how he keeps any patients they treat people like dogs.If u are reading this and other reviews and u dont believe it then try to make u a appointment and see for yourself. I GIVE HIM A 1 STAR BUT IF I WOULD HAVE HAD A OPTION I WOULD HAVE GIVE HIM A O STAR...

not helpful show details not helpful
Nov 19th, 2014

Some members of staff are friendly but some have an appalling attitude and do not fulfill the basic functions of their job. Just getting your phone call answered is incredibly difficult, having the person you reach actually help you is almost impossible and by this I mean they won't even take a message from an existing patient for the person they're trying to reach. The doctor is knowledgeable, caring and considerate. However, in the end, treatment was ineffective and I was given no advice, no referral, no anything to manage my chronic and disabling medical condition. Not only was I disappointed but I was left scared and hopeless.

Mostly satisfied show details Mostly satisfied
by Joseph on Nov 6th, 2014

My experience with Dr. Kesserwani was a lot better than Neurospine in Dothan. In less then two hours at Kesserwani's office I knew what was wrong It would have taken a total of six weeks to get an MRI and nerve test scheduled and find out what was wrong. I got a nerve test and MRI in under three hours and I knew what was wrong. His staff leaves a bit to be desired, but Kesserwani himself is a good doctor.

terrible show details terrible
by jo on Sep 8th, 2014

His staff is the worst I have ever seen , office is dirty, bathroom is nasty, doctor needs to learn how to speak English very bad bedside manner , I really don't see how he has any patients worse experience ever

Best Doctor Around!!! show details Best Doctor Around!!!
by LD on Jun 7th, 2014

Dr. Kesserwani is such a good doctor! Each visit I notice he has patients driving from other States just so they can receive his medical care. He listens, he studies, he makes correct diagnosis and he treats the problem. I thank God for this good doctor and by the way; every time I have been to see Dr. Kesserwani, before I leave he always says "God Bless You".

Rude Doctor show details Rude Doctor
Dec 29th, 2013

Doctor doesn't spend anytime with patient, constant turnover of staff, rude office staff they don't return calls, fax paperwork as needed doctors wife is office manager which causes problems with complaints files on your insurance when all he does is lecture you about something his staff should have took care of.....NEVER will recommend this doctor ! he is a very smart doctor but staff is horrible and he spends no time with patients

go to school on arnold chiari malformation show details go to school on arnold chiari malformation
by lauire jordan on Oct 10th, 2013

went to him in 2005. after accident with, sever head pain. balance .walking in baby steps . felt like my neck was broke. every time i moved 110 volt went throw my hole body,it caused short term memory trouble .he checked me for MS only. then put nerve block shots in my head.sent me back to work. could not work had to leave state ,live with family. went to free clinic and they sent me for mri and found arnold chiari malformation right away

Sep 10th, 2013

Worst office staff I have ever seen; extremely rude and unprofessional. Dr. Kesserwani initially appeared to are abe interested but after 2 visits and the meds weren't working, he would no longer see me and did not refer me to anywhere else. I was supposed to get reimbursed for $200 paymentthatwas charged twice and office staff was rude , disinterested,and told me I had to deal with it. After 4 months still do not have my money, still in very poor health.Ihavehad to research and try to diagnose and treat my illness myself. DEFINITELY the worst doctor and office staff I have ever experienced. Absolutely no idea of the Hippocratic oath.

Jul 23rd, 2013

Very unprofessional staff. Worst I have seen. They are rude, lost different results , notes, and never took ownership. Patient offices are very dirty. Absolutely no follow up.

TAKES TOO LONG FOR A CALL BACK show details TAKES TOO LONG FOR A CALL BACK
by Jeanne on Jun 29th, 2013

Some words that come to mind when I think of Dr. Kesserwani...Brilliant and Kind. I have been going to Dr. Kesserwani for years. He diagnosed me when no one else could. When my daughter's pediatric neurologist retired it was natural for me to begin taking her to Dr. Kesserwani. Everything was going well until Dr. Kesserwani moved from his office across from Dale Medical to his new office on 231. Now it seems like he has a million patients. Sometimes it takes more than a week to get a call back and then I usually have to call more than once to get a response. His clerks just keep saying, "As soon as he answers your question or tells us what to tell you about your test, we will call you." We really like Dr. Kesserwani and don't want to switch to another neurologist. MY VIEW: IF YOU CAN'T GET BACK WITH A PATIENT IN A TIMELY MANNER.....YOU HAVE TOO MANY PATIENTS. Sincerely, Disappointed P.S. Dr. Kesserwani, you are one of the really good (potentially great) physicians. Please find a solution to your 'less than timely call-back' problem. Thank you!

Terrible experience, no results, asking to see another Doctor show details Terrible experience, no results, asking to see another Doctor
by Looking for a new Doc on May 14th, 2013

I agree with some of the others, terrible bedside manner (none whatsoever actually), just wanted to push meds on me. Spent no time trying to figure out what was causing my problem just said it runs in families (none of the rest of my family experiences the problems I am). In my opinion he is running a Quantity instead of Quality business, meaning he tries to see as many patients as he can see in a day instead of seeing less patients giving more attention to the individual patients problems. The more patients he sees the more money he makes.

Feb 21st, 2013

Very rude office staff ! Dr K doesnt want to hear what you have to say just write a perscription and send you on your way, always to busy to spend time with you really doesnt care about the patient.Horrible Horrible

Smartest doctor I know show details Smartest doctor I know
Nov 8th, 2012

He diagonosed my problem when 6 other doctors could not. I would be dead if it were not for Dr. Kesserwani. He is the smartest person I know. He looks the patient in the eye, listens to the patient's complaints, and is deeply caring about the patient's problem. He knows far more than other neurologists. The UK is far and above the US when it comes to neurology; believe me!

Jul 24th, 2012

Took about two weeks to get a report from a scan. Had to call Dale Medical Center first. Then, when Kesserwanni called, his excuse was "test showed nothing. Didn't have anything to tell you." I asked, "don't you think a 30 second phone call would have eased my mind." He also mutters the English language asking stupid questions like "If I say a car is a lemon, what do I mean?" His muttering of the English language, my wife thought he said "If I say a car is a limo, what do I mean?" She answered correctly saying "it is a big old long car. You can put a lot of people in it." He went crazy, looking all up at the ceiling saying "bazzar behavior...bazzar" ove and over. Sent her to Birmingham where they are even crazier! The only think wrong with my wife at that time was a combination of idiot doctor prescribed meds that interacted on her. I call the FDA the "Future Destruction of America." Cows eat grass and live healthy. They aren't in doctor's offices. Cows aren't filled up on toxins of the FDA approved junk. I hope to never see Kesserwanni again. I pity the people who go to him or any neuro. I don't understand why the US allows foreigners in to treat Americans. In November, I plan to vote against EVERY INCUMBENT on my ballot! If cows ate all the junk medicines given to people, I think they would soon die too.

Jul 23rd, 2012

Seemed just like he wanted to give me pills and send me on my way.

Mr. Mark Bedsole show details Mr. Mark Bedsole
by Anonymous on Jan 31st, 2012 on doctorsdig.com

The most knowledgabe doctor I have ever met. His name is known throughout the state. I am very proud he is my neurologist and refer people to him on a ...

Read Full Review at doctorsdig.com
BRILLIANT show details BRILLIANT
Oct 12th, 2011

I STARTED SEEING DR. KESSERWANI 7 YEARS AGO WITH MS AND HE IS LITTERELY THE REASON I MA WALKING TODAY. HE NOT ONLY TREATS THE MS BUT MAKES SURE IAM HEALTHY IN ALL AREAS AND IF NOT REFERS ME TO TRUSTED PHYSICIANS WHO CAN TAKE CARE OF MY NEEDS ....HE IS A FABULOUS CARING DR. DR.

May 16th, 2011

very caring and concerned about patients. Can call anytime to discuss concerns and will get back with you in the same day. Wonderful doctor. I went to 5 before this one found my problem at the first visit.

Feb 16th, 2011

This Doctor was very interested in helping me. He was very intelligent although does not have much of a bedside manner. His staff are the problem. I have have problem after problem getting prescriptions filled because the phones don't work or someone doesn't fax it correctly. Then they say they'll speak to the Dr. and call you back, but no one ever does. When you call them back it was never even written down that you called. They don't apologize or try to fix it.They don't care if you remain a patient or go somewhere else. They have plenty of other patients and therefore you don't really matter. That's not the way I learned to treat a patient! These girls are rude, unprofessional, unorganized, and uncaring. I don't understand how they can continue to treat patients that way and still have so many. And I mean MANY- you will wait about a month to get an appointment even as an established patient.

dr kesserwani show details dr kesserwani
Feb 1st, 2011

Dr. Is very unethical, unprofessional, and heartless. Very clear when calling for appointment that patient was in need of a pain control doctor. Staff scheduled appointment, then after driving from out of town, waiting in the office for over an hour....dr told patient that he was not taking any new chronic pain patients, he was sorry, and would not charge for visit. Still he sent $175 bill! For what?...... when called staff to question about nil...they said nothing we can do and hung up! Wow! The devil does exist! The greed of this man proves that! Don't know how he sleeps robbing from the sick!!!!!!

This man saved my sight. I love him. show details This man saved my sight. I love him.
Aug 9th, 2010

He totally CARES! If you don't have many problems, he doesn't bug you. He called my cell to check on me. We have called his house during the weekend and he was as nice as could be. If I didn't see him I wouldn't be able to see a thing now. He is a wonderful doc. I only wish he could do it all, general, gyn, and ob. I couldn't ask for a better doc. I don't understand why he is rated so low. The man stays packed because he is so GOOD! Love him, love him, love him!!!!

Jan 9th, 2010

i like dr k a lot. his awesome

OVERALL BAD EXPERIENCE show details OVERALL BAD EXPERIENCE
by Chris on Sep 14th, 2009

At first he was some helpful, we tried different meds for my migraines, then it went to crap, because he was just to busy...It takes a month in order to get an appointment even if your an established patient with an emergancy...When you do get your appointment and go into the office, the office staff are rude and unperfessional, i have never seen this type of behaviour in a doctors office...they are rude every time. If you call and have a question for the doc, they never call you back, there just very unperfessional and they all had bad attitudes. When you go back into the room to see the doctor, it takes forever (atleast 30min) for the doc to come in and he just comes in and either throws perscriptions at you or sticks you in the back of the head with nerve blocks and sends you on your way...he doesn't try and establish a relationship with his patient. And when you want a second opinion, and get your records, he writes a nasty review...some of the things he enclosed in the med records where just down right uncalled for. The manner of the med records where very unperfessional! Just everything about that office meaning (doctor and staff) are unperfessional! I had an all around bad experience, i wouldn't recommend anyone to him.

May 3rd, 2008

was very helpful and easy to see or get additional help if current treatment not working, now way too busy, takes a month to get an appointment as established patient and visits are quick as staff has told me they are triple booked a lot. staff not always professional acting.