Family Physicians, Internist

611 Court St
West Branch, MI 48661
(989) 345-7000
Locations and availability (1)

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Mar 5th, 2014

This is not the right phone number for Dr. Ataya

|  Abuser of Insurance's/Appointment's  |  show details
by Britney on Nov 16th, 2013

This doctor, claims he is the best of all! How wrong for anyone to think it is okay to prescribe Methadone (like candy). To someone whom has never abused medications in their whole entire life! And to add that oh, if you need more than 180 each time. Will freely prescribe even more if you need the Methadone. What kind of trust can someone have in a complete stupid doctor as this person is? Seriously, needs training in how he treats his patients and provide their needs for their pain relief! Not a drug that is used for the abuser's whom have made it very difficult for the HONEST patients whom has proof of their injury's, and that has been documented. They need pain relief for the rest of their life. Not a money maker for your pockets (stupid) injections that are not needed or unnecessary! Most of the time it is too late! But, yet lied too so they can line their pockets with insurance money! As for trust? There is none! You can not put down your own patients and think it is wise for you to do so! This is therefore, how you get your name. Labeled as a person whom, is not only abusing the insurance's companies, and appointment's for his own gain of (profits)! This doctor, is dangerous, untrustworthy, unnecessary appointments. An abuser of all insurance companies for his own gain and profit. And has put other patients at risk and in great danger! Lack of professionalism, non-caring attitude, wrong diagnosis, injection (crazy) thinking it is a cure, negativity towards patients, treating everyone like they are drug abusers (when they are not), lack of respect is shown, dirty office's, nurse's that are rude to you, judging the patient by their clothing, speaking loud so others can hear of their weight, making of unnecessary appointments two or more per month, unnecessary test's, that are not needed (again for profits) to take advantage of all insurance companies. Very surprised, this doctor has not been stripped of all licenses, and disbarred from the medical field! Why is this provider not shut down due to his fraudulent practices?

May 17th, 2013

I am in the process of switching to a new doctor. This doctor hands out prescriptions like its candy. After diagnosing me with hypothyroidism he put me on synthroid. I felt very rushed and couldnt ask any questions. I did all the research on my own. On my follow up appointment he told me about a weight loss pill and shot that would cost me 60 dollars! And an extra 30 every week, for being 40 pounds overweight. Even though i told him that I have lost 30 over the course of 6 months and still losing. Then on my own research again I found out you shouldnt be on the weight loss drug with a thyroid problem! Worst doctor I have ever had.

|  Mr  |  show details
by Gus on May 14th, 2013

Should not give out medications to those whom's diagnosis is an abuser of street drugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

|  Insurance FRAUD!!!!!!!!!!!  |  show details
Apr 17th, 2013

Dr. Ataya is charing my insurance and me for serivces that were not done. I have tried to straighen this out but they will not. One time I went there for med refills and Dr. Ataya charge me and my insurance for a flu visit. FRAUD Please do not risk your life be seeing Dr. Ataya.

|  Bad medicine  |  show details
Nov 26th, 2012

I have been treated by this doc for the last 2 years. There were many medications I must have not been on he prescribed. It good that I got rid of this crook

Aug 19th, 2011

Dr Ataya has an excellent bedside manner and is very thorough. He has been excellent with me and my kid's!

Jan 20th, 2011

very good doc

by Laura zumer on Jan 18th, 2011

If Dr. Ataya ever left West Branch I would travel to another town to see him rather than switch doctors.

|  Negligent treatment  |  show details
Aug 17th, 2010

Started as a new patient in April of 2010 at the Lapeer, MI office. Gave the office staff and Dr. Ataya a complete medical history including medications and medication allergies. They proceeded to do various testing and ordering lab tests. Continued to treat with Dr. Ataya for about 1 month seeing him several times during that month. One of my visits was for an infection, and Dr. Ataya prescribed an antibiotic. Several days later I returned to his Davison, MI office because I thought I was having some kind of reaction to the medication, he asked me why I was on an antibiotic, and I reminded him he was the one that prescribed it. My reaction continued to worsen, and I ended up in the hospital over it. The doctor in the Emergency Room told me that the antibiotic I was taking was a generic version of one that I was allergic to. I discontinued going to his office and requested my records. The records showed numerous mistakes in my chart including wrong patient name and birth date on some of the results.